Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Installing Stainless Door Sill Guards

Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
caj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Stainless Door Sill Guards

I saw a thread somewhere regarding the installation of the Stainless Door Sill Guards. Someone said to put a soapy water solution on the 3m stick underneath the stainless sills so they can be moved into place easily. Then the soap solution will dry and the 3m stick will adhere to the Challenger sill. I just wanted to make sure that this is correct before I install mine.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Installing Stainless Door Sill Guards

Caj, I don't remember seeing that thread, so I can't help with that. You can get them on without any tricks but it is extremely tough. That tape is the stickiest stuff ever, once it's adhered you can forget it.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Installing Stainless Door Sill Guards

the best way to install these is the following: (trust me I've installed more 3m taping accessories I have it down to an art)

once you have wiped the surface with an alcohol swab (clean the dirt and dry any moister) you fold 1 small corner of the 3M tape so that the peeled part is facing towrds you rather than in the direction of the length of the sill. You should have a small peice exposed to allow to stick or remove to set the sills in place, once you have it set slowly pull the tape towards you and sideways along the sill, this will allow you to remove the tape easily while the sill stays in place. if the sill has 2 strips just repeat for teh top strip but fold it away from you and pull that direction.

If there was a more clear way for me to describe it I would, I will be installing mine on the weekend so I can take some pics and show you what I mean.