Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Your tax dollars at work: Border guards hold up traffic to check out Challenger

Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your tax dollars at work: Border guards hold up traffic to check out Challenger

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/11/y...ffic-to-check/

While government waist nauseates me....can't really blame'em......

Your tax dollars at work: Border guards hold up traffic to check out Challenger

Posted May 11th 2008 4:34PM by Sam Abuelsamid
Filed under: Coupes, Etc., Government/Legal, Chrysler, Dodge

Click above for high-res gallery of the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

If any of you were stuck in traffic trying to get through the Detroit Windsor tunnel late last week, we may now know why. There was no major international incident or terrorist crackdown happening. Apparently, Chrysler Canada CEO Reid Bigland grabbed a fresh-off-the-line Dodge Challenger SRT8 and headed over to Detroit from his office in Windsor, Ontario. Agents of the Customs and Border Protection Service decided they wanted to check out Chrysler's new muscle car. Several agents spent time going over the new Challenger and asking questions about it rather than processing travelers through the downtown Detroit border crossing point. Traffic quickly got backed up and according to Bigland there was about an hour delay by the time the agents let him proceed. Oh, and they never even asked for Bigland's ID.
Powerful allure!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Your tax dollars at work: Border guards hold up traffic to check out Challenger

lucky customs agents
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Your tax dollars at work: Border guards hold up traffic to check out Challenger

If I was a border guard, I would be checking for the drugs (aka engine) underneath the hood.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM

Imagine the relief of the pot dealer 3 cars back that was hurried through with 10 kelos in an attempt to catch up with the traffic
Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Well at least they have a better excuse than taking an hour long smoke break every other hour like the one person I worked with last summer.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts