Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Questions/Comments after 1500 miles

Old 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions/Comments after 1500 miles

Anybody else in a state where front license plate is required? need thoughts on the bracket, if I put the one supplied it makes it look like a mini van. I finally got the "why don't you have the front license plate on your vehicle" today. I was quite frowned upon my mr police.

Anyone else having issues with the myGig? We have about 40CDs downloaded and so far 2 are messed up "Back in Black" displays as "Garage Inc disk 2" and a local Chiago band Skank "White Collar Crime" displays as "the Cult - something". There are some that don't display but they are either from the UK or newer then the database.

I have been also having major issues with the uConnect. I get my phone paired up but then the uConnect decides not to sync after driving a while. THen I have to delete all my paired devices on my phone and start all over. Dealer said there are a lot of issues and will be updating my grace notes data base sometime within the month.

There is also a recall on the deck taillights don't know why but I hope that I get it back in the same condition I drop it off.

She still rocks, well get the quirks cleared up and it will be all better.

Post some insight on any of my issues or others a I should look out for.

Jim
Old 12-31-2008, 03:16 AM

Default RE: Questions/Comments after 1500 miles

As to front plates, I'm in favor of them. I think a car looks naked without one, so I was glad when mine came in and I could get the bracket installed.

As to the electrical problems, six words: You should have bought an SE (well, five words and one acronym). The fewer items you have, the less can go wrong.

As to the taillights, what is the apparent problem? Did the dealer say what's up with that? Is it all Challengers or just specific models, like those that are overloaded with electronic doo-dads?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM

You haven't heard the hidden track on disc 2? Metallica covering AC/DC!!! Its awesome! [:'(] Two great tastes that should never go together. Ever.

Check your inbox about your plates.

-Rench
Old 01-05-2009, 05:18 PM

i have a uconnect issue but its not the pairing thats the problem. Heres what it does. I pair my personal phone & name it "personal phone". I then pair my work phone & call it "work phone". When i paired the second phone it erases the first phones name & calls it LGVX8700 (at least it knows the proper phone type lol) instead of personal phone.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 PM

Update on the UConnect problem. I think I figured it out. WHen I start the car it symcs with my phone. If I get out to put something in the trunk or run in the office UConnect drops the sync. my phone is still bonded (it hasn't lost the pairing because the phone Bluetooth is ClassII (30ft) the car seems to be ClassIII(~7). At this point I can try anything to reconnect and no can do unless I go past the range for phone coverage. I have to power the phone off (drops all connections) and then it works. I don't want to blame it on UConnect or my phone its Bluetooth that sucks.

I am a little educated in bluetooth dealing with GPS and data collectors everyday. There are about a half dozen different protocals for bluetooth and some work well some work not so well. I am curious what the protocals of the UConnect are if anyone knows. (Yes I'll RTFM "read the freakin manual" but not holding my breath for the answer)

Rench nice idea my brother is a firefighter might work, or I'll just make a donation every now and then to the Highway Patrol when they call.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 AM

DO a search on the front plate thing, someone fiugured out you can turn the factory bracket upside down and mount it farther down between the chin spoiler and the Bumper with Zip ties or hinged wall anchors.

I believe the light recall has to do with the DODGE letters falling off.