Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

2009 'Cuda?

Old 08-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 'Cuda?

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

>>At this moment we are uninterested in developing a new grill treatment.

You cannot have a Cuda without the GRILL. That's by far the #1 thing! Without that you got nothing. A Cuda also should have the little louvers on the front fenders. Preferably it should have a shaker hood too. A rear spoiler and rear louvers would be nice options to have, and I think they'd be fairly popular too. I want it all! If there isn't any Cuda grill, then there's no point in painting the rear fenders like a Cuda or doing anything else.
The number one reason we went online so early with this project is so that we could discuss design details with other enthusiasts.. I'm glad to hear that people are so passionate about the cuda that they would be uninterested in buying a "Cuda" if it did not have all of the essential details. These discussions give us a solid direction in which to go.

With that being said, we do not care to build $100,000 custom cars. We want to do as much to the car (visually) as we can, while still keeping the price in reach of many people.

Chances are good that our base model will have very little modifications over paint treatment alone. It would be great to offer every single 1971 Cuda "cosmetic option", but it would most likely be aftermarket, and up to the owner to have installed after the car was purchased from the Dodge Dealer.

We want to build 1 base model, in a few choice colors. From there, our parts department will be like any other; if a sweet "Cuda" part exists, we'll sell and install it.

Adam
HXC Performance
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Administrator

i really dont know how serious anyone is going to take your company without any history, or without any example of past works...not to mention that you are relying on myspace to gain publicity. i dont think that sexual predators and high schools girls are your target market..
Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i really dont know how serious anyone is going to take your company without any history, or without any example of past works...not to mention that you are relying on myspace to gain publicity. i dont think that sexual predators and high schools girls are your target market..
Being taken serious or not, this company is real, and this vehicle is being built. If it takes until the car is on showroom floors for some to realize this, thats fine with us.

We are simply using Myspace as an easy online tool to show people our concept, it is by no means our intended full website. We've sent out emails to prospective buyers about our soon to be launched website. Myspace will continue to be our tool for small updates until we make our official announcement on our future website at the end of October, around the time of SEMA.

If anyone has not read about the innovative ordering process on the myspace page, I recommend it, we have two dealers behind us, and a few others at the moment considering it. Even if you have zero interest in our vehicles, we really want to push hard to try and make this process the future in specialty brand vehicle purchasing. Its worth the read.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own tastes, but black wheels definitely ARE popular. I sell wheels, and if I had a dollar for every time I'd heard "Does that come in black" this year, I'd have enough in the bank to buy a challenger in cash. Ok, maybe half a challenger, but you get the idea. I like them on the black HCX picture, not so much on the colored car.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM

I have black wheelswith silver lil presently on my Silver Pearl car. I just don't like an all black wheel on an all black car. I'd like to see the black wheels on the Cuda/Challenger with a silver lip..
Old 08-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Yeah, the silver/machined is a nice look. The wheel they show doesn't really have a lip, the spokes come up flush to the edge of the wheel. But you could machine the face of the spokes or something and do the rest black.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Black is ugly and not in style sorry.. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago... You have all these " ricers" buying them but in reality its not cool.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Evereyone has an opinion and a *******. I see tons of black wheel with silver lips here in Az. They are on high end import luxury cars, low end American made cars and low and mid range imports.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator

the wheels on our demon are going to be dark grey...[8D]
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM

Lamborghini offers factory Black wheels on all their vehicles (option, not custom order). The trend (from the factory) is definitely rising.

Audi offers the new RS4 with Factory black wheels (europe only).

How long until BMW offers the M3 with Factory black wheels?

Quick Reply: 2009 'Cuda?