View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 PM
mike2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BootCamp
Seems like you know a LOT about the Camaro, Mike2010.
Are you a Challenger fan, owner, future owner, ........or just stirring the pot with this - your first thread?

Why would Chevy throw the LS7 in the Camaro? What would that do to Vette sales?
That's like Dodge putting the SRT10 8.4L engine in the Challenger. It would help Challenger sales - and kill Viper production.

You can bolt on more horsepower easily to ANY car. It's just a matter of dumping $$$ into it. HP numbers will change from car to car for every Mustang, Challenger and Camaro that hits the road.
The way the car looks is what you really can't change much.
The Challenger is the BEST looking car on the road (shy of a six figure exotic). The Camaro can't touch it in that department. The Camaro was designed to appeal to the ricer crowd.
I am just a RT owner who knows a little about cars. I am just trying to stir up the pot on the camaro ss vs srt8 discussion. I agree that the challenger is the better looking and better built vehicle; that is why I went with the RT. I really don't care about factory speed, because if I want my RT to be faster than both cars all I need to do is add a procharger. What I care about is the looks ride and comfort from the factory and the challenger is where it is at between the three cars. But I still think chevy should come out with a limited edition Z28 LS7 car, with modified styling, upgraded interrior and suspension. They could build them in limited numbers so they do not distroy vette sales or just use the ls9 in the zo6s and ls7 in the regular vett and an upgraded ls9 for the zr1s. Chevy has three different performance levels for the vett why not the camaro?