Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Looks like the camaro is faster.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like the camaro is faster.

Yep said to say but the new Camaro SS is faster than srt8s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiF1x...eature=related
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM

I just got back from the Mopar Nationals saw many stock SRTs go 13.50... so its is a case that in this race the brand xer won,
Old 08-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Camaro driver could have been better than the srt driver. But I have driven both cars and I think the camaro is the faster car. When it comes down to it though I believe the Challenger srt is the better car. The camaro may be just a little faster but it is built hafe ass. I think chevy should change the rear of the car, upgrade the interrior and throw the ls7 in it.

Last edited by mike2010; 08-12-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This second go around on the Muscle car wars is more involved. You now have the internet and more of a national debate. Back in the day it was just small town, big city type of deal. We had our town heros and legends were born. Drag strips and the street was where it was settled. And the cars that could give you that rep is the ones you owned. The Challenger was one of those cars, along with the Camaro. The R/Ts were mostly big block cars and the Camaro was mostly small block. So the Cudas and Challengers were the street sharks. To run with them you needed cubes. So for GM that meant Chevelle and 442. Buick GS. You had a few Camaros like Yenco and COPO but they were few. Today you can go as fast as your pay check will allow.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 AM

Seems like you know a LOT about the Camaro, Mike2010.
Are you a Challenger fan, owner, future owner, ........or just stirring the pot with this - your first thread?

Why would Chevy throw the LS7 in the Camaro? What would that do to Vette sales?
That's like Dodge putting the SRT10 8.4L engine in the Challenger. It would help Challenger sales - and kill Viper production.

You can bolt on more horsepower easily to ANY car. It's just a matter of dumping $$$ into it. HP numbers will change from car to car for every Mustang, Challenger and Camaro that hits the road.
The way the car looks is what you really can't change much.
The Challenger is the BEST looking car on the road (shy of a six figure exotic). The Camaro can't touch it in that department. The Camaro was designed to appeal to the ricer crowd.

Last edited by BootCamp; 08-13-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:05 PM

That's pretty much how it has gone. People buy what they like, then other people say my car is better then your car, blah blah blah. Me, I don't like the Camaro, it's ugly to me, is it to you, well that's your call, but it is me. I also like the Mustangs, 05-09, the new ones are ugly to me, is it to you, well that's up to you? I love the power, speed, ride and handeling of my Challenger, do you? Well, that's your call, but that's what I like.

It's the person who buys it and drives it that matters, not the other person who isn't making the monthly payment or dumped the cash into it to buy it. One magazine says that the R/T holds it's own against the Camaro, now this person says the SRT can't beat the SS. Many factor's including the driver. I'm sure I can post some really bad times with the R/T, I'm not expert or even ever raced on a strip, while someone with experience could post much better times. You know, I don't care. I'm not taking 20 seconds to get 0-60, on ramp highway comes to mind with that, so I'm fine with what I have. Are you fine with what I have? You don't have to be, get what you are happy with. Enjoy. Have fun, or don't. Your choice.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:58 PM

I dont know what car will win at the strip, but I do know the Camaro goes from 0 to Ugly faster then most!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Andre@Edge
I dont know what car will win at the strip, but I do know the Camaro goes from 0 to Ugly faster then most!
I didn't like the front end from the start, but I saw my first one on the road coming towards me, and from a distance that thing looks simply awful.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 PM

While the numbers are important to a lot of us, I am dang sure I am one owner who knows we have the coolest looking ride around. Nearly every day on the way to work I see red SS, and the rear end just doesn't look right as the C pillar flows into the trunk. We got a winner guys in more ways than I can count.

Last edited by kramtrah; 08-13-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BootCamp
Seems like you know a LOT about the Camaro, Mike2010.
Are you a Challenger fan, owner, future owner, ........or just stirring the pot with this - your first thread?

Why would Chevy throw the LS7 in the Camaro? What would that do to Vette sales?
That's like Dodge putting the SRT10 8.4L engine in the Challenger. It would help Challenger sales - and kill Viper production.

You can bolt on more horsepower easily to ANY car. It's just a matter of dumping $$$ into it. HP numbers will change from car to car for every Mustang, Challenger and Camaro that hits the road.
The way the car looks is what you really can't change much.
The Challenger is the BEST looking car on the road (shy of a six figure exotic). The Camaro can't touch it in that department. The Camaro was designed to appeal to the ricer crowd.
I am just a RT owner who knows a little about cars. I am just trying to stir up the pot on the camaro ss vs srt8 discussion. I agree that the challenger is the better looking and better built vehicle; that is why I went with the RT. I really don't care about factory speed, because if I want my RT to be faster than both cars all I need to do is add a procharger. What I care about is the looks ride and comfort from the factory and the challenger is where it is at between the three cars. But I still think chevy should come out with a limited edition Z28 LS7 car, with modified styling, upgraded interrior and suspension. They could build them in limited numbers so they do not distroy vette sales or just use the ls9 in the zo6s and ls7 in the regular vett and an upgraded ls9 for the zr1s. Chevy has three different performance levels for the vett why not the camaro?

Quick Reply: Looks like the camaro is faster.