Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Hood Vents

Old 12-09-2008, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hood Vents

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

I understand that... I don't care for that particular hood... I guess the T/A hood, right? If I did anyting to the hood I'd go with the shaker option, because I do agree with your point of veiw on function over form. But I'd also like to see one on a dyno before I ever actually bought it.
On another not I love the side exhuast on that pic, I wanted to that with my truck when I first bought it, but was told the gas tank was in the way... If and/or when I get my Challenger that would be my first mod, dual side exhuast[:-]
I think it still looks pretty good.

My RAM with side exhaust
Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Just a guess
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Well, you gotta figure that someone, somewhere in Dodge's engineering sector determined for whatever reason that the airflow should be directed over the exhaust manifolds, hence the vents are doing exactly what they're designed to do.

Jeremiah, notice I always put "functional" in quote marks, because, like you, prefer using the Old School definition. However, the modern vents indeed ARE functional but, as Paladin says, for a different reason.
If they cool air is directed to the exhaust manafold's . The cooler temp could maybe and I said maybe help draw the exhaust gas out of the engine. Hot air will go to a cooler place . And I think the converter is just off the manafold also. I'm not looking for every HP that can be got out of the new Challenger . I'm happy with my 6 speed R/T with 3.92 gear. But I've had many people ask to see the engine. Dodge should have dressed it up more.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:11 AM

If they dressed it up more it would cost more then you would say the car is too expensive. There are a ton of aftermarket pieces out there and you can really dress it up. Keeping it clean also helps. I can my engine everytime I can my car and thats about twice a week if not more often. Check my web-page sometime.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

There are a ton of aftermarket pieces out there ...
... actually, after Paladin got done dressing up his engine, there are only 10 or 11 pounds left.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 PM

i'm mixed on the hood scoop. For certain it wouldn't be for "functional"use" but would "look"good" on the V6. I was "thinking" I would paint the base of th e"hood" silver to match the car and "paint" the "scoop" a matt black "color". which "I" think would be a clean look along "with" painting the spoiler a matt black color??

I think I used enough quaotations, if not I can use more.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Can we quote you on that, canadian?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM

Your Ram is nice, what I meant was Single exhaust coming out on each side before the rear wheels...
I would rather have the stock hood on the SRT then that hood, it's just a little too much for me... maybe it'll grow on me when I see one on the street...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:41 PM

I had to do something to slow it down. I wanted those R/T's and SE's to be able catch up.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

There are a ton of aftermarket pieces out there ...
... actually, after Paladin got done dressing up his engine, there are only 10 or 11 pounds left.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 AM

So do I have the wrong hood on my R/T Manual from the factory? My hood vents are sealed. There are no openings in my hood vents.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:41 AM

Mine are sealed as well. R/T Manual. I have, however, seen the functional scoops for around $60. They should be drop in.

Fitz

Quick Reply: Hood Vents