Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

American 'Speedking' Russ Wicks Sets New World Speed Record

Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American 'Speedking' Russ Wicks Sets New World Speed Record

American 'Speedking' Russ Wicks Sets New World Speed Record

Wicks Achieves 244.9 Miles Per Hour in Dodge Charger Stock Car Enhanced with Autodesk Technology

October 10, 2007: 04:30 PM EST

BONNEVILLE, Utah, Oct. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Autodesk, Inc. today announced that Russ Wicks, who holds World Speed Records of more than 200 miles per hour on both land and water, has set a new stock car world speed record of 244.9 miles per hour, which has been confirmed by Guinness World Records. Wicks successfully achieved the record on Tuesday October 9 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Northwestern Utah while driving a 2007 Dodge Charger built to NASCAR specifications. The new record shatters Wicks' previous stock car world speed record of 222 miles per hour.

"I'm totally thrilled," said Wicks. "It's an amazing feeling to push yourself to the edge and emerge victorious. I couldn't have done it without Autodesk and Dodge, who have supported me in my attempt from the very beginning."

Wicks' vehicle was developed with the backing of the Dodge Motorsports Engineering Group and Arrington Engines. Autodesk software was leveraged to make integral performance modifications.

Throughout the testing and development phases, Wicks used Autodesk Buzzsaw -- an on-demand collaborative project management solution -- to simplify and centralize project related documents and streamline the design review process.

"The Autodesk manufacturing solution was indispensable to the development of this record-breaking vehicle," said Wicks. "From communication and collaboration, to visualization and engineering, Autodesk provided the best possible tools for the vehicle development process."

"Wicks is a true American original, and we congratulate him on his new world speed record," said Robert "Buzz" Kross, senior vice president of Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions. "With his triumph, Wicks has helped demonstrate to the world how the innovation, performance and superior technology of Autodesk software can be harnessed to develop a truly world- class vehicle."

About Russ Wicks

Russ Wicks is the only living person to hold world speed records over 200 MPH on land and water. For his accomplishments he has been featured on ESPN, the National Geographic Channel, included in the Guinness World Records Book, and also appeared on the cover of WIRED Magazine. For more information, visit http://www.russwicks.com.

About American Challenge

Russ Wicks is the founder of American Challenge, which is a consortium of business, engineering and motorsports professionals focused on breaking important world land and water speed records. Members of the American Challenge Technology Team come from the nation's premier high-technology laboratories. They include experts from the fields of fluid dynamics, structures, stability and control, propulsion, simulation, manufacturing and safety. This combined expertise is unsurpassed anywhere in the world. For more information, visit http://www.autodesk.com/americanchallenge.

About Dodge Brand

With a U.S. market share of 7 percent, Dodge is the Chrysler Group's best- selling brand and the fifth largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. In 2006, Dodge sold more than 1.3 million vehicles in the global market. Dodge continues to lead the minivan market with a 20 percent market share in the United States. In the highly competitive truck market, Dodge has a 16 percent market share. Dodge is also entering key European volume segments with Nitro and Caliber.

[b]The introduction of the new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 marks a milestone in the Dodge brand's history with its boldest lineup of passenger cars including the all-new 2008 Avenger and Caliber, as well as the refreshed Dodge Charger and Magnum. This onslaught of product gives the brand a completely new and refreshed passenger car lineup. In 2008, Dodge will introduce the all-
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American 'Speedking' Russ Wicks Sets New World Speed Record

I wonder what he could do in a souped up challenger