Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Chrysler reveals 2 concepts

Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler reveals 2 concepts

Looks like the Nassau will share the same platform as the Challenger

Chrysler reveals 2 concepts

Nassau, Jeep Trailhawk to be displayed at Detroit show

Josee Valcourt / The Detroit News

DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group will give consumers a hint of what's coming for its Jeep and Chrysler brands when the automaker showcases two concept vehicles in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit: The Jeep Trailhawk and Chrysler Nassau.

The Jeep Trailhawk is built on the underpinnings of the 2007 Jeep Wrangler, but the body looks more like the bigger Grand Cherokee. The rear-wheel drive Chrysler Nassau sedan shares a platform with a variety of models, including the popular Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans, the Dodge Magnum wagon and the upcoming Dodge Challenger, which hits the market in early 2008.

Chrysler released sketches of the concept vehicles on Tuesday.

What's interesting about the Jeep Trailhawk, which got its name from cropped and peering headlamps that give it a birdlike expression, is that it is a cross between the Grand Cherokee SUV and the newly redesigned Wrangler, said Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau.

The Nassau signals the direction the automaker hopes to take its Chrysler brand vehicles.

"It could be the face of the future Chrysler cars, though certainly none of that has been decided," Deneau said.

He said Auburn Hills-based Chrysler released the sketches nearly two months before the Detroit auto show in a bid to gauge public reaction to the concept models.

"We're trying to whet the appetite," Deneau said.

Ray Wert of Jalopnik.com, an auto enthusiast Web site, said the 2007 Jeep Compass, the brand's first car-based Jeep, is an attempt to grab entry-level buyers. The Trailhawk is a move in the other direction, combining the Wrangler's trail capabilities with Compass-like styling.

The concept's grille stays true to the traditional flat-front Jeep look versus grilles of the Compass and Jeep Liberty meant to appeal to female buyers, he said.

"It's good to see the concept returning to that," Wert said. "That means something to the (Jeep) enthusiasts."

Erich Merkle, an auto analyst with Grand Rapids-based IRN Inc., agrees that the Trailhawk's design is more in line with Jeep's conventional look.

"It's a very good extension to the brand while not moving so far away to where it's not seen as a Jeep," he said.

"I'm wondering if this is some sort of sport SUV," Merkle said. " It looks like it would be more capable on a flat surface."

The Nassau's design may suggest the future direction of the Chrysler 300C, he said.

"It's more curvaceous and doesn't have quite that block look that the 300C provides," Merkle said.

You can reach Josee Valcourt at (313) 222-2300 or jmvalcourt@detnews.com.

The Chrysler Nassau concept is a four-door luxury sedan that shares a platform with a variety of models, including the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans, the Dodge Magnum wagon and the upcoming Dodge Challenger.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/5976C8FB17294181A83CC0B2F5EFD230.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler reveals 2 concepts

That looks nice. I hope they make it. I also hope that this will actually be considered a luxury car. If they don't get serious about offering luxury they are going to lose what remains of their upscale image.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts