Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Commercials

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Commercials

So when are we going to start seeing any Challenger commercials on T.V.?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM

Default RE: Commercials

There's one or two on youtube.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 AM

I think he's thinking real TV, national TV, not Youtube. It's almost like this car doesn't exist. Pricing still coming soon on the Dodge website even though it's been announced already a while ago. I guess they are really just relying on the people that are very interested rather then trying to go for the masses in a market that is looking more for the ForTwo.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Why should they advertise the Challenger right now when they already can sell more than they can make?
And people are giving it the rock star treatment whenever they see it on the street.
If I were them, I wouldn't advertise it either!
Advertising is by far the most expensive way to get new sales and customers.
You're better off if you don't have to advertise.
There are other ways to get sales, things such as: the internet, this web site, celebrities who buy your product, publicity stunts, word of mouth, press releases, news articles, magazine articles, and just being seen on the street.

There's one thing I'd really love to see: a rap music video by Snoop Dog where he drives the Challenger and raps about it. That would really set it on fire (even more than now)!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:18 AM

There will probably be one, later in the fall, football season?, maybe.

Here's the thing...think marketing not advertising.

So instead of producing a TV commercial, Chrysler rents the Willow Springs Raceway sends out a half dozen Challengers an invites all the auto writers. They in turn thrash the car and then write multipage articles. The cost is probably less, and the exposure WAY GREATER than a single page print ad or a 30 second TV commercial.

Look at all the video coverage forum members have found and posted links...event rappers, and bikinis

Think about it...look a the length of the list of literature I've collected. Chrysler could not buy that exposure page by page or in TV spots...and have it be effective, or "hold". ie TV commercial comes and goes, but literature stays in play.

Newspapers are loving Challenger. Chrysler sends out press releases, the "Automotive Writer/ columninst" hardly has to do anything but mix up the wording in the press release and viola...he's an authority.

Think too...who do you want to market to? I think Chrysler has been veery effective at hitting the target audience on this car...and by chance caught the young adult market as a bonus.

Not old school typical advertising...but very effective marketing, image making, and product placement.

Steve Legel
Old 06-28-2008, 11:25 AM

I finally saw the commercial that featured the Challenger I saw on the showroom floor when I was at Fiesta Dodge in San Antonio. It was done in the showroom and the good-looking woman they have do their ads didn't even really mention the Challenger. Instead, she kept talking about what a great place Fiesta Dodge is. But when the camera wasn't pointed at her, it was panning the Challenger. There was a very brief glimpse of the Viper I saw there, too, but most of the camera attention was devoted to the Challenger. And as they told me, the car already had been in the hands of its new owner. He'd brought it back for a few days so they could make the commercial.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire
There's one thing I'd really love to see: a rap music video by Snoop Dog where he drives the Challenger and raps about it. That would really set it on fire (even more than now)!
No no no, I don't want Snoop Dogg or any other "rap" star anywhere NEAR the Challenger, much less "rapping" about it! [:'(][:'(]

That may be fine for the kids or people who are actually into that sort of vile entertainment... but the Challenger, to me, screams ROCK MUSIC! Get Guns & Roses, ZZ Top or some other rock star or group to do a tune about it, but God's sake and everything else that is holy, leave the 300C to Snoop Dogg and the other "rap" stars - they can bling one of those out all to kingdom come and back for all I care, but leave the Challenger alone! [sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Gah no rapping! Especially not by some guy who's constantly in the papers for breaking the law.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 AM

Why should they advertise the Challenger right now when they already can sell more than they can make?
And people are giving it the rock star treatment whenever they see it on the street.
I agree 100% with Billionaire on this one. They can barely get the cars they already sold off the assembly line. And aggressive ad campaign would only exacerbate this. Especially with the seemingly random order in which Dodge fills their orders and builds their vehicles. A large influx of orders could mean we who have ordered well in advance could get bumped DOWN on the list.

Theres one thing Id really love to see: a rap music video by Snoop Dog where he drives the Challenger and raps about it. That would really set it on fire (even more than now)!
This however, I could do without. Nothing against Snoop, but this would probably do more harm than good. The last thing I want to see on the road is a bunch of Challengers on the streets lowered, with spinners, paper thin tires, and a hydraulic system. This car was meant to be a street preditor. Not a show poodle.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

My view on the whole Snoop Dogg thing is if they would want to use a figure to appeal to a younger audience, it would be better suited with a car that a younger audience can afford. It would make more sense to do that with say the Caliber, Sebring, Compass, Patriot, Avenger, but not the Challenger. The Challenger is a muscle car and it could be money wasted. The demographics just would not make sense if you ask me. The 300 was a different situation as it is a sedan.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Commercials