Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

lol i knew albeeno had to bring his negativity.

here is a little thought for you.
I think if you go by the facts your mustang with the baby v8 in your garage already has 3rd place in its rear. yea the challenger is heavy, its a bit pricey, and it looks 100x better than your more than there are honda accords on the road mustang. the fact is you pay more for better looks and better performance and i would pay the extra 10-15k for the looks of the challenger and performance anyday. the automatic srt8 destroys and I mean DESTROYS the base automatic v8 mustang in every category and the 09 stick srt8 will not even be a comparison and will probably be neck and neck with the shelby with less horsepower and pure engine (no supercharger). the new revamped v8 will probably even beat the automatic stang and the stick will beat the mustang stick. oh and last time i checked ford is losing the most money out of the 3, so who's in third? yea i would stay quiet if i had anything to do with ford. you guys cant engineer a well built motor so you have to supercharge it and call it a shelby to make money to a company that is losing more money than chevy and dodge combined. lets go by the facts and not by fanboyish comments, i think your more mature than that. seriously if you dont know the numbers just ask alot of us future DODGE CHALLENGER owners will inform you.... not someone who says theyre almost certainly getting an r/t then rushes to claim victory for another company while reading bias unrealistic articles.

i think ill put a decal in the back windshield of my challenger so when i beat a stang it says im fat because i eat stangs all day long(fanboy comment for ya)

ps : the only thing good about ford is that they circle their problems<[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/909/0F9FB7071AF24AF5B473551E16E68613.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Default RE: Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

HAHAHAHA That's awesome kevin...definitely worthy of a post-of-the-day award, if we ever had one. Hey there's an idea!

OK, I'm not here to beat the Ford drum, I'm meerly pointing out an observation.... I would argue that the vast majority of articles/publications that I've read since the 6-February unveiling, has indicated 0-60 estimates of LOW-5's. Estimates being the operative word there...I get it! Now, until you or anybody else out there can prove to me otherwise, I'll continue to take the side of all the various professional automotive journalists versus a bloviating Mopar chest-thumper such as yourself. Sorry man... I know this is gonna come as a huge surprise to you, but my little 4.6 liter V8 Mustang GT does 0-60 in 5.1 (a FACT proven beyond any reasonable doubt) That is consistent with the various "LOW 5s" estimate of the Challenger. So, I don't know how you define the word DESTROY, but I'm guessing our interpretations vary slightly...

In terms of appearance all I can say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Me and hundreds of thousands of other Mustang customers tend to like the looks of the S197 platform Mustang. I also happen to love the looks of the new Challenger too. At least three years late to the party (as usual) but nevertheless, it's still one helluva sexy car...no question. Another thing I'm confused by is the fact that Chrysler just announced yesterday that they're shutting down all non-essential operations for a period of two weeks this July. Methinks they're not exactly DESTROYING their competition.

As far as I know Ford will still be "in business" this July... [sm=kissykissy.gif]
Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Albeeno, the issue is that they haven't given the Challenger a real test yet. I've already provided the evidence that the other SRT-8s commonly will be found accelerating to 60 in 4.7-4.9 secs, that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the low 5s is not accurate, it's the high 4s. The Challenger by all counts should be faster than that especially when they have the more efficient manual available. Edmunds results have been different from most other REAL automotive sources, and considering their history of Mopar bashing and being taking very childish approaches to it, does not fill me with confidence about their objectivity. Again there are too many other areas where the Challenger outclasses the GT for them to be compared. The SRT-8 compares to the GT500, not the GT.

Shut downs happen once in a while, you know just as well as we do they will be back in business after the two weeks are up so don't get too excited. Remember they have had some supplier issues.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-15-2008, 08:55 PM

thank you i have really had it trying to state the same fact over and over again.... its a proven fact so the discussions over pound for pound speed for speed the srt is better than the gt proven fact. ...end of discussion... and im not a mopar chest thumper... im a truth sayer not a guy in denial about his car... i respect the mustang gt and its performance but to say it can beat or be fender to fender with a srt8 of any kind is rediculous and has no facts behind the statement.

i still love you albeeno
Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 PM

Hey I think I saw you on the road the other day. O wait... There are only a million Mustangs out there! but for a while there will only be a few challengers in town all big block V8s!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 PM

overall less challys then stangs like 30-40k per year
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 AM

And not to split hairs, but the 6.1 is not a "big block" either.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:36 AM

bigger than the stangs engine thats for sure... jk i know what your talkin about yankee