Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Challenger to call Brampton its home

Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger to call Brampton its home

Dodge Challenger to call Brampton its home

February 14, 2007
by Justin Pritchard,Auto123.com

The latest re-incarnation of a classic American muscle-car will take place right here in Canada, according to a news release from Chrysler this week. Their Brampton assembly plant, which already produces the award-winning rear-drive lineup consisting of the 300, Charger and Magnum, is already gearing up for the new Challenger to be produced there next year.

Production will start in the springtime of 2008.

Reid Bigland, CEO of Daimler Chrysler Canada, says "It's good news that the Dodge Challenger will be added to the Canadian production line-up. Quickly bringing desirable new products such as the Dodge Challenger to market is critical to keeping our plants humming, and our dealerships busy."

The Ontario government helped the carmaker finalize its decision to produce the Challenger in Brampton. For instance, strong support was demonstrated by means of a contribution to an important training session required to add the plants third shift- which was essential to the launch of earlier products.

The Brampton plant is also Chrysler's first to be able to manufacture four vehicles on a single line.

The Challenger will be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show next year- just 358 days from now, according to a countdown clock on display alongside the concept car. A testament to the benefits of lean and efficient manufacturing, the quick time-to-market of the new model will be crucial to the Challenger's success.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/1D711A894C434C64BCA7C1A7DAEAE5E9.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Dodge Challenger to call Brampton its home

Funny how people say buy american to keep american jobs, but yet they are offloading to canada. hmmm.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Dodge Challenger to call Brampton its home

I hear ya, but in this case both American and Canadians are getting bit on this one.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.