Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Plans High Profile Charity Auctions for Challenger Launch

Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Plans High Profile Charity Auctions for Challenger Launch

September 18, 2007

Dodge Plans High Profile Charity Auctions for Challenger Launch

by Dave Pinter in Automotive

Nothing like having something before anyone else. That’s behind how Dodge is looking to launch it’s new Challenger next year. The first three models to roll off the assemble line will be auctioned at separate events to benefit charity. The first will head to Scottsdale and go on the block at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. Barrett-Jackson has become the premier automotive auction in the world recently known for setting records with extra special vehicles. Last year a one-of-a-kind 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C “Supersnake” owned by Carroll Shelby sold for 5 million dollars. The event hits at the Challenger’s core audience who are largely there to grab an original muscle car. All proceeds of the Challenger sale will benefit notMYkid, an organization that promotes understanding of youth behavioral issues.

Not to leave dealers out of the spotlight, a second Challenger will go to one of them at a special event with those proceeds going to the United Way of Southeastern Michigan.

The third car will head to that ubiquitous online auction site eBay. Dodge hasn’t released any details of where the proceeds from that sale might go.

With all the drama this past year regarding the sale of Chrysler, it’s nice to see a product launch that balances media publicity with support for charity.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.