Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Drag Racing the 2008 Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept

Old 08-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag Racing the 2008 Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept

well 1 bad.... i dont disagree with you at all the shelby is great and has a good msrp... but a little work is wrong .... u would have to dig and dig and work harder than hard to get msrp on a shelby. also in my honest opinion ford gts are garbage they look nice but the engine is garbage . a 5.7 hemi which is the gt version of dodge will take a ford gt anyday of the week. now lets say they do bring out the chally with an msrp of 35 base and 40 something srt 8. the gouging is gonna comense and its gonna be hard to find one at msrp. the shelby msrp is 40 grand and i honestly think the srt 6.4 will be 40 if not 40 something msrp. now if the dealers decide to gouge prices, thats them but msrps are going to be the same. also another thing ur saying that we cant compare the mustangs engine to the hemi. of course u can. ford chooses to supercharge a small 4 liter engine and thats the way they do it and it produces a fast car. dodge uses big v8s that produce alot of horsepower as well. ford could build big engines but they choose not to. so my point was that if u supercharge a hemi , it would leave the shelby in the dust. the stock 6.4 will be a good match with mods and thats the beauty of dodge ... they do it without the superchargers. brute american power!

but i love ya 1badmirada just throwing out my opinions
Old 08-05-2007, 07:34 PM

and tech ur right it is a 5.4 liter... 1badmirada stop messsing with my minddddddddddddddddd hahahah
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Administrator

hmmm..my mistake on the engine size...i did know that...but still, there is an engine size advantage to any of the hemi engines. lets also keep in mind that the 6.4 engine is currently only offered as a crate motor, and the only glimpse that weve seen of it was in the SS concept...but none the less my whole point was that they took a challenger chassis, and changed the entire drivetrain and suspension....and the car only ran 11.50s. regardless of what ford uses to get there, or GM, you can buy cars from either of those companies that will run in the 11s with only a handful of work. the Z06 will do it stock. hell, there are guys at MF with very lightly modded terminators, who are running 11.50s....i dont know why the SS concept is perceived as being so amazing. not to mention, the challenger SS is a disgrace to the original hemi super stock cars, such as the dart and cuda, as they were well known to be in the NINES with only a handful of work. perhaps im jaded by an 11 second car, as i see them all the time, and im only a few tenths from being in the 11s with the mirada (a car with around 7,000 tied up in it total)..but i dont think that chrysler did a good job with the SS concept. it looks cool, but the performance just isnt there. had they come out with the same car with a 392, using the "production" rear diff and transmission, i would have been WAY more impressed...but 11.50s isnt acceptable.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

well 1 bad.... i dont disagree with you at all the shelby is great and has a good msrp... but a little work is wrong .... u would have to dig and dig and work harder than hard to get msrp on a shelby. also in my honest opinion ford gts are garbage they look nice but the engine is garbage . a 5.7 hemi which is the gt version of dodge will take a ford gt anyday of the week. now lets say they do bring out the chally with an msrp of 35 base and 40 something srt 8. the gouging is gonna comense and its gonna be hard to find one at msrp. the shelby msrp is 40 grand and i honestly think the srt 6.4 will be 40 if not 40 something msrp. now if the dealers decide to gouge prices, thats them but msrps are going to be the same. also another thing ur saying that we cant compare the mustangs engine to the hemi. of course u can. ford chooses to supercharge a small 4 liter engine and thats the way they do it and it produces a fast car. dodge uses big v8s that produce alot of horsepower as well. ford could build big engines but they choose not to. so my point was that if u supercharge a hemi , it would leave the shelby in the dust. the stock 6.4 will be a good match with mods and thats the beauty of dodge ... they do it without the superchargers. brute american power!

but i love ya 1badmirada just throwing out my opinions

You can say that about Dodge as well with the 4 CYLinder engine. And are you talking about the MUSTANG GT or the Ford GT? I am assuming you mean the mustang as you are comparing the 5.7 hemi.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:51 AM

yea 1badmarida i absolutely agree with you on the fact that the drag cars of today have not matched the ones of yesterday. and yes they do have to put a little more effort into reviving the muscle car era, not just throw a supercharger on a 5.4 or just throw an big hemi engine and call it a performance car.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 AM

yea tech, im talking about the mustang gt , and i noticed you have one. no disrespect to you, love the look of the car,was actually gonna get one myself chose not too and got my 05 dodge hemi 1500. and ur right u can say that about dodge supercharging their pos neon, no offense to the front wheel drive neon lovers, i just think thats the worste car dodge has ever produced imo, even though its a decent racer when u mod it up crazy , very lightwieght. but yea tech i was leaning more towards comparing the muscle cars of the 2 companys, but yea no offense to ya btw [X(]
Old 08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

while im not a huge fan of the mustang, ive been considering a terminator for a while now...12s out of the box, and if nothing else, ford is going something to keep those who want a muscle car happy. the charger isnt a bad car at all, but its a bulky sedan...and i dont like that you really cant get a performance car with a manual transmission, without spending 80 grand on a viper. while some may not like ths neon srt4, it was a good performing car, and theyre fun to drive...so they stopped making it?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 AM

ur right, but wouldnt it have technically been a better performance car if it was rear or all wheel drive, no lie my friend had one and it was a fun little thing... but i prefer big block v8s, i guess its cuz im a v8 lover. also how amazing was the dart 426 ... that car was sick
Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Administrator

i think that it should have been AWD, which is what we were "promised" with the caliber srt4, but i dont know where they are with that project. amanda and i got pictures of one parked in a field at the mopar nationals last year!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:19 AM

yea same here AWD i probably wouldve grabbed one haha. but man the charger srt 8 is sweet , but WHYYYYYYYYYY did it have to be a freakin sedan.

Quick Reply: Drag Racing the 2008 Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept