Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Drag Racing the 2008 Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept

Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag Racing the 2008 Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept

i can look past the fact that it is a sedan...but why no manual transmission???
Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 AM

very true
Old 08-06-2007, 08:29 AM

No offense taken. I like my Mustang. It is fun, as it is easy to mod.

The Neon is a good car for what it was, a throw away car. I use to have one. Until someone hit me from behind at about 50mph's while I was at a stop light. He had an old el camino. Knocked me a few car lengths past the intersection. Here are some pics. I think it did well. I was sore for a few weeks, but in all honesty, I think I fared well. I could have been a lot worse. But one thing I did I think that saved me as well, is I saw the car in my rear mirror at the last minute, and as a dirt bike rider, I have learned to make my body jello during a crash as that is a better way than tensing up. When you tense up, that is when you get hurt more. Think about all the DUI accidents where the DUI person is usually the one that is ok.

Anyways. I would love to get the Challenger, I got the Mustang as I couldn't wait and wanted a muscle V8 car. I love the new design, I would never have got it if it was like the s95 model. And after a few mods and also trying to buy a house, I don't see trading in for the Challenger. I just get to sit here and watch everyone else[]. But then again I am not a brand loyal person. I like them all.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48/D4C0838243EF446191D1A2CF83FBFF88.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48/F5F065EA8F7246F3B2C9A18B55D29BFC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48/6A1F0ADB89FC4876B27E0B8EBEA3C565.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/48/C127FE858276402CA22ACBC32C01EB6D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM

holy crap man, glad ur alright. yea ur right wen u tense up ur more prone to hurting yourself.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Well, I'm fairly young and have owned quite a bit of cars and the Neon and Mustang are two that I own and I say that I like them both. I would say that the Neon came a long way from what it was and they did a good job on it, but to late and probably why they got rid of it. After you build a reputation of a bad car year after year, header problems or whatever it was, then by the time you get it fixed in the last couple of years, it's a bit to late.

As far as the Mustang GT engine, I beat the crap out of mine and have no problem. Actually, it was my old one. I was an idiot and was drunk one time and revved it for 45 minutes one time at the red line. The thing kept running like I never really did anything, but I wasn't taking my chance and I turned it in.

As far as brand loyal, I am all the way, but Dodge ruined it with the Charger. I was looking forward to the concept back in 99, something that didn't look like it was a four door, manual transmission, I couldn't wait. Then I saw what came out, still nice, might have gotten it, great family car, if I ever get a family, then boom, no manual. That was it. I really hate Ford and a certain group that they support, but the Mustang GT was the only thing out there that is a good price, manual transmission and actually looks like what it did in the past.

Challenger is a great car and I can't wait to get one, though I will. I do wish it would come wiht a solid rear axel like the Mustang, but I know there are so many people out there that are glad it isn't going to. I really don't notice anything bad when it comes down to handeling unless I try to take a corner at extreme speed or something. I would rather have that straight line acceleration and lose some handeling so that I don't get creamed when I'm trying to get on the highway.

Engines, I love the V8s. Nothing give a sound better then a V8, but I'm highly impressed with these companies that are taking a 2.4L engine and pulling almost 300hp out of it, turbocharged, supercharged, I don't care. When a 2.4L can do the same hp as a 4.6L, though not quite the same tq, then that is impressive. There are many cars out there that I would never touch, but I do have respect for them since they have so much power. I love the Hemi, but when 1.1 liter is only getting 45 more hp, and only if you have the truck or you lose about ten hp, then I'm not impressed. When a 2.4L I-4 turbocharged engine is putting out as much as a 4.6L V8, I'm again not impressed with the bigger engine. I may not have my outputs straight so please all feel free to correct me on these parts.