Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

wikipedia

Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wikipedia

texas has emission testing, and with an engine, that is typically your "legal issue".

no engine is just plain illegal, due to size or power output, but in many states engines are illegal because they dont come in a stock vehicle. for instance, in PA and i think CA, if you change the engine, you have to put in the same engine that you took out. the mirada has a 340 in it, so it can not even be checked for emissions. this is much more true for any OBDII vehicles (95 and newer), as the computer wouldnt know what to do with the bigger engine when swapped.

however, in michigan, ohio, west virginia, and im sure there are more, i could put that 540 in any of my vehicles, and drive it around.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 AM

In VA as well. If you put in a bigger engine, in VA and CA, then you have to go to the DMV to get a new VIN number to show the new size motor. From what I was told, when you smog the vehicle, they enter the VIN number, and if it shows a different engine that what is in it, automatic failure. Plus in needs to pass the emissions as well.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Don't you just love these laws?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts