Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Predator Tune

Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Tune

Well, I uploaded my tune into the car tonight. First off...this programmer is awesome!!

Since running my controversial times STOCK....I have made the following mods: Headers, cat-less mid pipes, Magnaflow Competition catback, ported throttle body, CAI, 180 stat, lightened the car about 150 lbs, M & H street slicks, and the predator 93 CAI tune running on 94 octane Sunoco. I shut off the MDS and ESP with the tuner also. This thing is a whole new beast!! I took it out for a test run....wow...what a difference. The Predator allows you to run the car all the way to the redline instead of shifting a few hundred RPM's too soon. I am amazed what just a few simple bolt on and a tune can do for the modern muscle. I am sure the competition will start having some respect once a few of these cars hit the streets with this setup.

My next mods will be 3.55 gears, installing my converter, custom tune, and the ZEX kit. I plan on hitting the track one time with the current changes to see how it runs, then I will be adding the rest of the stuff. Hopefully some time in March I can post some more timeslips and video of these changes, then finish the changes for round 2.
All I can say is these cars really wake up with the tune and bolt ons!!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Default RE: Predator Tune

Drop me a email @ andre3343@msn.com Tony.

I have something at least 14hp better then the canned tune I will email you.
You will need an indoor power supply and the computer cable that comes with most tuners. The diablo tuner has a down load at the website for excepting custom tunes, and this is free.

I love what a tune did for me... Now it's just one big traction issue.
I have the new Nittos coming. After looking into the new compound, I ordered 4 back tires, and a pair of fronts :-Þ
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

You will need an indoor power supply and the computer cable that comes with most tuners. The diablo tuner has a down load at the website for excepting custom tunes, and this is free.

I have the new Nittos coming. After looking into the new compound, I ordered 4 back tires, and a pair of fronts :-Þ
why dont you get LSD or I forget the name of the ones out now that oyu can put on the 08s?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Ordered my tuner yesterday and hope to program monday. Installed cai. kooks header and x pipe with magna flows it runs good but needs to be tuned. Dynoed at 341 rear wheels the speed limiter to it out at 145; hope tune will increase hp numbers and raise limiter up.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 AM

Can the tune be used stock and if so what will it affect? I'm dumb when it comes to this tuning stuff...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:12 AM

They have some tunes that can be used if you are stock, but want to upgrade to 91 or 93 octane fuel.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Andre,
I sent you an email last week...did you get it?

Tony
Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10secDodge I have been waiting all winter for the weather to change in your neck of the woods. I can't wait to see your times when the strip opens You have been quite busy and the mods you have done are the same I am planning. I really look forward to reading your future posts and seeing the times you will be turning. Keep up the good work and know that there are alot of us living vicariously through your 1/4 mile trips Mopar lives again.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

10secDodge I have been waiting all winter for the weather to change in your neck of the woods. I can't wait to see your times when the strip opens You have been quite busy and the mods you have done are the same I am planning. I really look forward to reading your future posts and seeing the times you will be turning. Keep up the good work and know that there are alot of us living vicariously through your 1/4 mile trips Mopar lives again.
My plan is to run mid 12's on the motor...and mid 11's with a 125 shot of nitrous....and look completely stock and not crack open the motor. I just want a respectfully quick, reliable street car. This should be very attainable....and hopefully surprise a few people at the track in the mean time.

I gotta tell you though...as far as a fast street car goes....it is still going to be slow. There are several 8 sec Stangs running around the area, and a high 7 sec Grand National. This area is loaded with real fast street cars.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 AM

what did you do to reduce the weight of the car 150 lbs take all the sound deadner out

Quick Reply: Predator Tune