Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T kills thread (post your story here)

Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T kills thread (post your story here)

Those rice burnin tin cans are a joke.I,ve been around,I know.They are so high strung,longivity is practically non-exisitant.Plus,they have soooooooooooooo much cash sunk into those things,it takes them right out of the equation.I could make a R/Tpull wheel stands for a fraction of what they spend just to run decent.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM

Total nonsense. People have been modding Subarus and Mitsubishi EVOs for years now and longevity is just fine. R/Ts aren't exactly cheap cars either, nor are SRT8s. Your last sentence is total BS as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJH8aMj_ao&fmt=22

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5993637-post25.html
I've heard of a few bad eggs but the majority are nearly bullet proof...I've tuned dozens of them to 500+awhp with 93 octane on the stock shorty/head/cams/drivetrain and they've been run hard like that for years.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MaryAnn

The first day I took my new RT for a ride, sure enough a red Stang GT Rousch pulls along side at a light. OK I'm ready to play, thinking this will be interesting, the light changes and ....it's ON! I give it all it's got and either got lucky, or this car is a stangs worst nightmare. LOL I somehow beat him, to the next light. He then gave me a thumbs up and I waved him off. This car has got Balls!
Not all Roush mustangs are supercharged. In fact some of them aren't much faster than a stock GT.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:03 PM

I know some of them can be very fast. This is Ky. not Calf or someplace you might see lots of money in that type of car. Not saying they might not be . I just haven't seen one. Ky. is mostly nostalgic American muscle car's . All brand's Mopar , Chevy , Ford , Buick , Oldsmobile with a few others . You can go to a car show . And that is mostly what you will see . And a Willy's sometime . I'm not looking for a street race. The car run's just fine for me. I'm beginning to see a few SRT Challenger's on the street now. Most people don't know the difference between a R/T or SRT . But most gear head's know that R/T of the past meant busniness .
ORIGINAL: Riptide

haha

I've seen "rice burners" pull low 10 second quarter mile times. Better hope you don't run into one of them "dumb enough" to challenge you.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM

I've seen many a great looking and sounding import as well. Some of them are rediculously fast when thier don eright. This guy was flat black primer with white hood, slammed to the ground, headliner falling out, and a stereo worth more than the car. That's why I dicided to put him down. I manage an Auto Hobby Shop at an Air Force base and I've got to know alot of the import crowd, seen some really nice Subaru's and Rice burners. Most of these guys take great pride in thier cars and do things right. But there's always a few out there that shouldn't be on the road.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 AM

I ran a Dodge Calbair SRT . Not sure if that is the right name for it . A mini SUV by Dodge . He had some wide tire's on it . Think could have been some type of Drag tire on the front as it was front wheel drive. He wanted to run me yesterday at the track . We ran pretty much even. I talked to the Guy after . It had a turbo on it that had been worked on . High perf. after market exhaust . Not sure but think it had NOS . But the guy claimed he didn't use it. He had alot of money in it . Think he was ready to trade it for a Challenger after running me . My first change to the Challenger will be good tire's. Then maybe I can get some traction . And better handling also.
ORIGINAL: 18forever

I've seen many a great looking and sounding import as well. Some of them are rediculously fast when thier don eright. This guy was flat black primer with white hood, slammed to the ground, headliner falling out, and a stereo worth more than the car. That's why I dicided to put him down. I manage an Auto Hobby Shop at an Air Force base and I've got to know alot of the import crowd, seen some really nice Subaru's and Rice burners. Most of these guys take great pride in thier cars and do things right. But there's always a few out there that shouldn't be on the road.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM

I still have my puny 3 valve 4.6L Mustang GT (2006). I still feel the stock Mustang (2005 through 2009) is quicker than my stock R/T but I won't know for sure until I run my R/T at the local 1320 this spring and compare my stock R/T's timeslips against my slips from when my GT was stock. I've had a stock GT convertible pull on me in the R/T on the streets from a light. Not by much, but enough take the "win".

The weight advantage goes to the Mustang. I also think the stock throttle mapping and tune is better on the Mustang.

The 5.7L Hemi, being larger, should have more potential down the line with mods, however...

After a few runs in stock configuration, first to go on will be a CAI and tune. Then, hopefully, my stories will change.

Originally Posted by BkChallenger09R/T
????????????? I haven't seen a 4.6 Mustang that I've had a problem with . Haven't had anything that was a real threat challenge me yet. At age 60 I have slowed down . I've got alot of friend's that I have known for over 35 years . Many of them have and still hold national record's . We all BS a few time's a week at a local muffler shop that a Chevy racer run's . So far I've seen nothing but respect from them about the Challenger R/T . And they have looked it over good . It's not a SRT but for the weight it run's good I think . I wish they had put the forged part's in the engine though . One of the guy's that comes to the shop has a 08 Mustang GT . He only has 1200 miles on it in a year. But has changed the rear gears to 3.55 and pos with it I think . And changed the exhaust a few time's also . He has said he wished the Challenger R/T was out when he purchased the Mustang GT stick . He would be driving a Mopar now . I learned a long time ago you can alway's come up against something faster . I'm happy with it for now. I could of had a new 08 Roush 427 model Mustang a year ago. But decided to wait for the R/T. Glad I did.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'm suprised. I have had no problem with Mustangs. Most have been GTs. I'm stock as stock gets. Might be the tune on the stock set-up. I drive mine kind of hard and so it might keep a more aggressive tune on the car?????? But no direspect for the blue oval pony, they are nice cars and they are lighter. You may have run modded cars and they do take to mods well. Take it to the strip and learn how the car likes to launch. Then see what its got.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 AM

over on another message board with this thread, there is many kills stock for stock against mustang gt's. maybe it feels faster in the stang because the challenger is bigger, smoother and quieter inside the car. i've never driven a mustang, so i'm just going on assumption here.

Last edited by bigdaddywiz; 03-12-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM

I'm really looking forward to my first run-in with an R/T Challenger in my `05 Mustang GT. Unfortunately, I simply haven't seen any out on the battlefield. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though...

Something tells me I won't have much to worry about if and when I do see one. Especially if we're running in anything other than a straight line. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Challenger, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean I can't wait to smoke one. :-)

Quick Reply: R/T kills thread (post your story here)