Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T kills thread (post your story here)

Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10secDodge
All I can say is I will be at the track Saturday...just like I am very week when they are open. Look me up, if you win then you have a respectable street car. If you lose....there should be no smack talking a mildly mod'd RT.
Weather permitting I'll be there at 10:00 a.m. in a red 2008 Mustang GT,do you want to put some 'skin' in the game? All I can say is this a N/A Challenger R/T cant take a N/A Mustang GT (equal drivers).Come on up and say 'Hi' its just a car race,have your girl bring her camcorder. Im not hijacking I seen the kill thread and asked 'is this where you post when you kill R/T's' is all.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by germansheperd
Weather permitting I'll be there at 10:00 a.m. in a red 2008 Mustang GT,do you want to put some 'skin' in the game? All I can say is this a N/A Challenger R/T cant take a N/A Mustang GT (equal drivers).Come on up and say 'Hi' its just a car race,have your girl bring her camcorder. Im not hijacking I seen the kill thread and asked 'is this where you post when you kill R/T's' is all.
is your GT stock, germansheperd?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by germansheperd
We are good.

Lets try to hook up and no "skin" for me. I am a bracket racer...so if you ride is faster than mine then good for you. I am getting this car tuned to run 12.0's for the street class this year. I want to spray it into the 11's just for the fun of it. I am stepping back from running the faster weekly classes for a little while, just tired of the hauling the race car to the track and $8/gal race gas.

I plan on having her come to vid. Better make sure your car runs faster than 12.5's....or the guys on here will pick on you after giving us grief.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Ive got an exhaust,CAI,and race tune-so it might be ugly!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM

sounds like it will be a good one! keep us posted!

forgot to ask too, since your car is modified, how do you know a gt will beat an r/t stock for stock? over on challengertalk.com, there is this same thread going on with many stock for stock races between 05-09 gt's and r/t's with the challenger coming out on top every time. one guy even raced his buddy's gt with his r/t, beat it, switched cars and the challenger beat the gt again. explain, please....

Last edited by bigdaddywiz; 04-08-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by lear4406
Uh O K . Lets not let facts or physics get in the way of a good race that a 5.7 in your world cannot win.
Ok lets talk physics
5.7 vs 4.6 hmmm
376 hp vs 300 hmm
yeah the mustangs lighter but I still don't see the dominance unless your particular 4.6 is tuned, CAI ,modded etc. But let the timing lights do the real deciding and then we'll see. If you smoke the R/Ts post your time slips and be done with it. I have yet to have a Mustang try me on where I'm at-they forget about racing and just gawk and give me the thumbs up
Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10secDodge keep us up to what transpires. You have posted your times and he fully knows what your car is about so I would expect him to spray or at least have more mods then what he is posting. You are the driver I would pick if I had to have a good one. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Smile

I'm with you Lear on this one-GO R/T!!!!!! Let the track smackdown begin LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I wish I could go see this... its like the 70s all over again. Man we could tail gate and have some serious cook out food. 10sec is the man and can really get alot out of a car. I know nothing of our german friend, but he seems really cocky. What day will this occur? This is what its all about. A GT with a (hopefully) good driver and an R/T with a good driver. Gentle men start your engines. I will be running mine soon at Z-Max dragway and will post my times. As of now I have outrun every GT I have encountered and will be looking for a 2010 to get a more even run. From what I have read this is a drivers race.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Lear
Are you going to Mopars at the rock this sat? Also I'm not running but I'm going to Pinks all out at Zmax on the 25th

Quick Reply: R/T kills thread (post your story here)