Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T vs GT vs GTO

Old 09-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T vs GT vs GTO

We are going to be those guys original owners who owned 426 HEMI or 440 Six-Pak cars! Life is still good!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

These unofficial races were posted on another forum:

Challenger vs. Mustang GT - From a dig to about 90, Challenger spanked it by 1.5 cars and was still walking away until we shut down. From a slight roll (20-ish) it was even worse and the Challenger just left. Stupid Mustang is dog slow but I know that, it's my beater errand car. LOL...

Challenger vs. GTO - Pretty much the same results as the above race except the GTO was the winner. From a dig to 120, the GTO just pretty much left it almost immediately and was approaching 2 car lengths in front by 120. Most of that lead was right off the start so I'm assuming the gearing had something to do with it (GTO A4 has 3.43 gears, fyi). After the lead was established, the Challenger wasn't really fading too fast but just couldn't gain any more ground.
LOL, that was me driving the GT & GTO. The Challenger R/T is my bro-in-law's. Just so you know, the Mustang GT is an '07 and still bone stock 4.6L auto. The '06 GTO is the 6.0L (auto) and only has exhaust and CAI. We couldn't have all 3 cars parked in the same driveway without running 'em. Plain and simple...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM

I had a fun encounter with a GT today on the freeway. He blew past me and then slowed down. I had him by about a car all the way up to 140+ when he backed down. I was shocked he stayed with me, but I guarantee he was not stock.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Way to go Andre
Old 09-28-2008, 08:15 PM

Yeah, if it was stock you wouldn't have been able to see him in the rear-view mirror anymore by 140.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:39 PM

Andre... bad Andre... go to your room and no Testors for a week.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 PM

No testors for a week? For playing with a modded mustang, or cause I could not lose him?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 AM

Default /////////////

////////////
Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: TaylorSF
Anyways, the GTO is a sore point with me. A great performing car. If only the no talent arse clowns at pontiac had given it little nod to the classic, and I feel it would have taken off like the Challenger is.
Yeah, Pontiac screwed that marketing up pretty bad with the new GTO. It is just a rebadged Holden Monaro and I guess they were too lazy to come up with a new name for it and just slapped the GTO badge on it in time for the 40th anniversary of the original. Us newer GTO owners don't really care but the original guys sure do, they hate 'em. I don't care though, it hauls ass. Done and done. It's the fastest Cavalier/Cobalt/Grand Am ever!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:44 PM

This unofficial race was posted on another forum:

I was on my way home from work at 2'am one morning when I roll up on a Challenger at a stoplight. I normally don't street race but there was absolutely no traffic and I really wanted a piece of this one. I roll down my passenger window and before i could say anything the older gentlemen in the Challenger revs and points at the light. I give him the thumbs up and a quick rev. The light we were at holds for about 3 minutes so I tell him I like his car. He nods and says "yeah, I like beating up on underpowered fords". Of course now he has made it personal so I yell "good luck!", roll the window up, and turn off the traction control. The light turns green and I launched like I had slicks. At the top of first I had 1 car on him at the 2-3 shift I had about 3 cars on him. In the middle of 3rd he backed out of it. I slowed down so we could both catch the next light and he said that I must have a lot of boost or a big shot of nitrous. I told him I was just bolt-on and he said BS and peeled out.

About 2 days later I was coming home from work again, same time same place I see the same orange challenger with the same smug old white guy in it. This time I was on my highly modified 01' Ninja zx6r. He looks over, revs, and does a mini burnout. I throw him a rev to the limiter and shoot a foot of fire out of the back to warn him not to tangle with me. My bike will blow the doors off my mustang and competely destroy his challenger so I decide to have some fun with him for being a complete moron. The light turns green and he launched fairly well. I stay at his door through 1st gear then I drop back about a car lenght granny shifting to 2nd. So I get on it hard and shoot past him like he was tied to a pole I keep on it hard into 5th and slow down at about 140. I look back and see that he kept up rather well and was only about 4 bus lenghts back. I don't think he recognized me because I had a helmet on but I do hope I hurt is ego and taught him a lesson.

And the moral of this story is:

1. If you're not sure if it's modded don't talk trash.

2. Never race a modded crotch rocket with a street car.
The poster had the following fairly cheap mods to his 05 GT:
4.10'S, JLT CAI W/ 93 OCTANE TUNE, O/R X PIPE, UDP'S, CMVD PLATES, LCA'S

Quick Reply: R/T vs GT vs GTO