Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Super track pak & mopar interior appearance group

Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super track pak & mopar interior appearance group

I have not seen anyone discuss these options on the forum at all. I want to get the 2010 Plum Crazy automatic, but not shure if these options are worth the bother at all. They sound good, but does anyone have an idea what the add ons are for the R/T ?
thanks for any feedback on this thread.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM

The interior group on my '09 included pedal covers, sill plates, "Challenger"-monogrammed floor mats, and a car cover that fits loosely and is not water-proof. The interior stuff is OK, the cover isn't. All for (I believe) $750. Do what you like, but if I had ordered the package instead of being stuck with it as a result of the dealer ordering it, I would feel even worse about it than I already do. In a "do-over", I'd just piece the interior stuff together from Mopar and forget the crummy cover...

I don't know anything about a separate-option Track Pack. My car is a 6-speed and so came with the Track Pack. It's on the Monroney, but not priced out separately...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 AM

The Mopar appearance package seems like fluff. Attractive fluff, and cool if you have the free $$, but doesn't seem like it would be a priority. Any one item you couldn't live without you could always get from the Mopar catalog.

Super Track Pack sounds cool, so I did a little searching:

From http://2010dodgechallenger.com/:

Super Track Pack for 2010 Challenger R/T:
20-inch Goodyear F1 Super Car tires
Front and Rear Nivomat Self-Leveling shock-absorbers
Larger rear stabilizer bar
3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
Performance Brake Linings
"ESP-off" Stability Calibration (for the enthusiast)

My comments:
I work with tires a lot: F1 Supercars are a good (not great, but good) performance tire. They'll run circles around the all-season tires that come on the R/T normally. Same tires as on the SRT.

Nivomat: cool non-electronic self leveling, but problematic if you plan to use lowering springs, bc they'll pump your ride height back up. (Unless they're doing something new that I haven't heard of)

Larger rear bar: fun, less understeer.

3.06: I think that's the regular rear end for the auto.

Perf. brakes: a good thing, but sometimes dustier

ESP-Off: the reason to get the package in my opinion.

Personally I'd just go stick shift, and you get most of the good stuff anyway, but I know in your case you specifically didn't want stick. The F1 tires will wear out fast, and can't do snow, but you can always replace with different when they're gone if you don't need the max performance.

Most of this stuff is easy performance bolt-ons, so the real reasons to do it are if you like the Nivomat or the ESP-off, or if the price is better than getting what you want separately.