Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

First Problem with the car

Old 12-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Problem with the car

That is good to hear that you finally got the right guys attention. It shouldn't have to be that hard to make people do the right thing. You should be good to go now. keep us posted.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Sorry to say, but that's all you wanted in the first place and should be how customer service reacts. If customer service were like that each and every time, folks like us would be more forgiving when an issue does come up because then we'd expect they'd listen and actually fix it the first time. I'm glad things seem to be coming about now Bro!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 AM

thanks for teh support gang. I got the car back yesterday a day ahead of my appointment which was great. Swapped out the PCM and coils, and checked plugs, so hopefully this will resolve the issue.

On the same note. I did meet another V6 owner who has had the same issues, first day he bought the car he had some plastic shroud fall off and chew up his rad fan, rad. Apparently there was a TSB out on a loose plastic trim peice that some weren't attached properly from production. Then his car went into shut down mode and they ran a software update and no more issues so far. There is also a 3rd V6 experiencing the same issue now as mine. So maybe there will be TSB's flying for V6 owners.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 AM

well....... it happened again, Satday morning, heading to work, car goes into misfire mode......... however I have done some digging and noted several SRT owners having the same misfire issue on their cars. So my car is now rebooked for next Monday and again she goes in for another round of diagnostics, parts pulled and checked only to have them hand me back the keys and tell me they can't find the problem. It's beyond frustrating to the point I'm calm and almost accepting this almost daily routine........

no one at Chrysler has an answer other than, take it to your local dealership......... uugh
Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 AM

How are the lemon laws in Canada? Sounds like you may have one.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 PM

I figure after all of this, this should be a blog about my car hahahaha

so as expected the dealership where I bought the vehicle called me this morning on my way to work and practically begged to have the car brought in to have it looked at as they must have found out it was going to the other dealership on Monday. SO I figured why not, they can't screw it up any more ..... so I dropped it off at 8:15am and waited for the call to tell me they couldn't duplicate the problem.... and sure enough, at 1:30 they called to tell me just that. I asked if they could install the mudflaps and was told they would do it for $105. Now, one would figure after all I've been dealing with, a show of good will and they would have installed them for free, well that wasn't the case and yet another day of someone else testdriving my car and burning my fuel. I'm not ungrateful but they could have tried to help me out and revive some faith in the dealership.

Oh well, it goes in on monday to the other dealership and again, more tests to find nothing wrong.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Ask if they have checked the Cam sensor. It sounds similar to something that happened to one of my cars that had a 3.5 HO. It took them a month & 6 visits to figure it out.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 AM

I'll mention that as well, funny thing is, another customer who I hjave met has the same car and the same issue.... his goes in Thursday so I've rebooked my visit fo rthe same day, so this way they have 2 cars in with the same issue and now they can hopefully figure something out, whether it be TCM or cam sensor or programming.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 AM

CC have faith! I know it is frustrating but maybe you'll end up with a new ride if it falls under a lemon law. I really hope they find the problem!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 PM

UPDATE:

The car was dropped off this morning at the dealership. the other SE taht was having the same problem was also dropped off last night, so 2 cars in for the same problem. They called me this afternoon and advised me a new cam shaft positioning shim was ordered and will be installed tomorrow morning. This was the TSB for the other SE with an earlier build date. So Chrysler ok'd the TSB for my car as well. I am pleased with this dealership as the service writer is really on his game with this. But he feels that this may be the answer we are looking for, if not he says we'll keep throwing parts at it until we get it right.

I did have to laugh though, when I brought the car to the dealership the other day where I purchased it, to pick up some parts and the GM asked me how I was enjoying my car, I gave him my story and he rushed to have his service manager immediately ride with me, the first thing out of the service managers mouth was "yeah i know the car and the issue, he installed an CAI......", I looked at him said yes I did only about 2 weeks ago.... and he says "it was in when you brought the car by last time," and I said yes that was a week ago but the problem with my car was 2mos before that part was put in... so the intake isn't the issue here. Well he wasn't a pleasant fella along for the ride.....

Quick Reply: First Problem with the car