Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

DIABLO Predator tuner

Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my predator tuned and now I'm starting to play with it, I've adjusted a few things on it but am curious about the option to adjust the axle gears? I have the RT with the 3.92 rear end and on the tuner it gives the option to set to 3.90... has anyone tried this yet?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really interested in this tuner. But with an R/T 6-speed do they have a tuner for us yet? My son installed his on an SRT-8 Magnum and may I say it rocks. 93 octain tune and this beast is killer. You can't go more than 1/2 throttle on a damp street. Nothing but wheel spin. We will see when we go home today. Roads will be dry. If anyone knows if they have one for R/T 6-speeds... let me know.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM

Does anyone know if the dealer could tell if you've had this tuner on the car and if it would void the warranty????
My car is still bone stock right now but I'm considering some slight mods.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 AM

I ordered this today and will be installing it this week end. The predator down loads your stock settings into the controller and then you install a choice of option tunes. The predator stores your settings and you can replace them when you take your car to the dealer. Then you simply reinstall your performance tune. I really did'nt expect to see the results I saw. The shifts were crisp and loss of traction on dry pavement in the 1-2 shift let you know it was putting the ponies down. I will post when I have loaded my 93 oct. tune with open element and exhaust. I think I will be suprised by the results. It also has 91 oct. tune and custom tunes as well. Takes about 20 min. to store stock tune and install performance tune. Real simple and easy to follow directions.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 AM

So I take it Preditor has updated since the Chrysler's flash???
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM

I will let everyone know on Sun. I have an appointment to get the oil changed on Sat. I'll install after I come back from the dealer and play all day on Sat. I work on Sun so thats when I will post on this thread. I hope to see the same results my son saw on his SRT-8.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Default Speaking of oil changes...

...Last week, I got my first oil change (at 1,600 miles). Rather than go clear across town to the dealer, I went about a mile to a Lube Express place (yes, I got Royal Purple). Anyway, while I was there, the guys working in the place told me that my Challenger was only the third 2009 they'd seen so far this model year. Apparently, they would have seen a lot more current-year models by this point in March, but it must be a sign of the bad economy that the '09s are a rare breed.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:37 PM

I should of said that I get my oil changes free for as long as I own the car. Thats why I take it to the dealer. But I plan to take a trip to Kansas to see my folks in late May. I will have to get a change while I'm there and it will not be the dealership. Too expensive. I will be taking it to an oil and lube place.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM

I installed my Diablo this am. I used the Performance Tune with added modifications of 93 oct CAI, lower fan settings for the 180 tstat, speed limiter @ 150MPH (I have an '09 R/T auto with Magnaflow system), and MDS off. I have noticed reving in drive while stopped @ 700rpms, "tighter" shifting (I am usually in the manual shift mode), much faster on accel., and lower temp. on gauge by about 20deg. This really is a modern day muscle car for those of us that did not know much about cars, did not have money, and was in school during the 70's. I am 47 and really getting into the hobby. I use it for daily driving so I am committed!

Last edited by barry1309; 04-02-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:07 AM

The tune is on. I had to work Saturday so I moved my oil change up to Friday. After the oil change I went straight to my sons house and installed the Diablo tune. 93 octane with cold air. I have a six speed and the change was more suttle than the automatic of my sons. I could feel it more crisp on the accelerator but other than that... Interesting story, Charlotte Motor Speedway is having a big car deal this week and all the cars are in town. I headed away from my sons house on the way home and I pulled up to a slight incline at the stop light and beside me in the turn lane is an awsome 427 Cobra replica. This car is sounding really good and hitting a mean lick. So I really don't want to mess with this guy because hes turning and he would hand my butt to me. Also I know how it is to drive a nice car and have someone in a Civic jump on you. So nothing but repect from me and I want to pull away from the light normal but respectful. Light goes green and I tried my best to ease out and I get wheel spin... my face goes red with embaressment as I push the clutch down and try again. More wheel spin and now I'm riding the clutch to move out with some kind of dignity. So I can honestly say that it has put some ponies into the engine and I need to reaquiant myself to the clutch on an incline. I will get used to this and have some fun.