Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

*ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

Old 09-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

That is also true. The mustang will all ready have a whole bunch of aftermarket parts; meanwhile, the Challenger will have to wait a while.

I agree that this is good. I told a friend in 2003 when the HEMI returned that the second muscle car area was just beginning. I'm glad to see both fast coupes and sedans.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

As an example, I have a family member who has a 2006 Ford Mustang GT and this car barely does a spin out on take off as it just not have enough torque to really get the car going with 300HP.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:36 PM

he most be talking about a fox body because the new stangs are not that light. The power you get out of a hemi will make up for it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

As an example, I have a family member who has a 2006 Ford Mustang GT and this car barely does a spin out on take off as it just not have enough torque to really get the car going with 300HP.
The thing that I think helps the new Mustang in the acceleration times is the combo of 3 valves per cylinder and the VVT it has. It doesn't produce as much burning out power, but a more consistent power. Also the gearing is very short.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM

I BELIEVE THAT THE FACT THAT FORD KEEPS RECREATING DIFFERENT TYPES OF "COBRAS" OR SHELBY GT'S IS AN ADMISSION OF CONCERN ABOUT NOT ONLY MARKET SHARE BUT PERFORMANCE AS WELL. BESIDES HOW MANY MORE MODS CAN THE 4.6 LITRE FORD ENGINE TAKE BEFORE IT TOPS OUT. WHEN IT COMES TO MUSCLE CARS, WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS ,MOPARS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HEAVIER THAN THIER COMPATITION AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FASTER. WHAT EVER HAS THE FORD GUYS DELUSIONAL ENOUGH TO THINK ANYTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE IS BEYOND ME. GLORY BE THE DAY WHEN THE TALK IS OVER!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Could you do me a favor? Please don't type in all caps in the future, it is more difficult to read, plus it sounds like you are shouting in anger.

The 4.6L is currently only in the Mustang GT model. A supercharged edition of the larger 5.4L is the GT500 model. The 4.6L might still have some potential in it yet, you never know.

In fairness, the same could be said about Dodge. The R/T badge has become more mainstream and they are now using a badge known as SRT to play the role that R/T should be playing.

I agree with you that Mopars are faster despite their higher weight.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-11-2006, 05:15 PM

Sorry about the caps. Still learning forum etiquitte.

I didn't mean to insinuate that the badging is relavant, only to say that the GT 500 and the Shelby GT were introduced in quick succession. These models carry much more horsepower than the GT's. Since you are correct about the 5.4 litre(oops) I believe that shows hands down that ford is concerned about keeping up with DCX performance. God bless them for trying. What better battle to be in than one that involves horsepower!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

It's okay, a year ago I was in your shoes, it takes a while to get a hang of it, your doing fine. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me via the PM system.

So your saying that Ford is trying to improve their performance image by offering all these Shelby models because they are having trouble keeping up with DCX Performance? This could be true; however, the thing is Shelby is working for Ford for now. In the 80s, Dodge got the chance to enjoy Shelby's performance technology and name. So it is natural that they are going to use his name on their best models since they are paying him big bucks for it.

So far, it appears that the Challenger will offer less hp as their top option the 6.1L so far against the GT500, but it sounds like it will be somehow just as fast. On the other hand, Dodge is offering more hp and tq throughout their entire car line-up.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM

You've got to respect the fact that Caroll Shelby transends brands. He has worked with lots of factory and independants for decades to produce spectacular automobiles.

Mustangs have always hung their hat on their affordability. Even as a die hard mopar fan I have entertained the notion of a 30,000 dollar 360 Hp GT "whatever" over a 40,000 challenger. However, the price of the Shelby GT is close to what the SRT Challenger will cost. That makes me feel better about the cost of my future Challenger and vanquishes any crazy thoughts of settling for a stang.

P.S. There has been a conspiracy! I did not win the askdrz sweepstakes. Something has gone terriibly wrong!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

LOL! I know what you mean. They got me too.

I'm assuming your referring to moding a Mustang GT for the additional $5000 over the base sticker price. The simple fact is even if the Challenger is more, there will be people who will pay for it because they prefer Dodge (such as myself) and they know it looks nicer.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums