Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

*ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

F*** FORD!

MOPAR MANIA!!

It's always about competiton. I don't care. Dodge builds a better car. Just ask yourself what you would rather be seen in. Just another Mustang??? The only thing FORD put out that was bad ass from stock was the FORD GT. All the rest is missing the backbone off the line.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mosleyle

F*** FORD!

MOPAR MANIA!!

It's always about competiton. I don't care. Dodge builds a better car. Just ask yourself what you would rather be seen in. Just another Mustang??? The only thing FORD put out that was bad ass from stock was the FORD GT. All the rest is missing the backbone off the line.
Now just remember, there are Mustang owners on here, so try not to be too negative (I know I'm not one to talk but I think I at least owe them this much). I use to like the Mustang but I've lost my interest in it. It doesn't look close enough to the retro model for me to like it, and I liked the mid-90s model better in terms of appearance.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-27-2006, 01:21 PM

I USED to own a '68 fastback. Got rid of it for something with a little more nuts, 455 TA set up with ram air IV, now palying with MOPARS, and won't go back.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

What year 455 TA did you have? I've been a life long MOPAR fan myself, but I haven't had anything interesting...yet...

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 PM

RLSH is right... there are a few 'stang owners here.. me included.
So.. chill with the ford bashing. I love my car, I just think I'll love a challenger more (If I can afford it anyway... 30k is pretty steep for an 18 year old >.&gt
Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 PM

I for one think the Mustang is a sweet looking car as well. The Camaro is not to my taste but also alright. I think overall it is awesome to see the Pony cars come back strong. Now if Pontiac can redesign the GTO and fix their blunder we could maybe add another icon in the mix.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the current Mustang nor the styling of the new Camaro, I'm glad Detroit is making muscle cars again.

I also hope GM does a better job with the GTO. I would like to see them bring back the Firebird more than the GTO, but there is nothing I can do about it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-28-2006, 03:56 AM

'75 1/2 TA. Mid year revamp with 455 HO, Super T-10 4 speed. Put a set of Ram Air IV Heads, Ram Air IV Cam, Forged Pistons/Rods .30 over, 800 Holley. That thing screamed for more, burnouts in all 4 gears with stock 3:23 posi rear. This stock setup blew away a friend of mines '74 455 SD. Before I even hit 3rd gear he was parking his car. He kept swearing to people I was running a fogger somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I love the styling of all the old muscle cars, and love the fact that Detroit is bringing them back. I owned a '68 Mustang fastback (beautiful car). However, it was Fix Or Repair Daily. It probably didn't help that I bought the car all original in 1989 for $1200 with only 68000 miles on it from a lady that bought it new. It still had the original spark plug wires, hoses, etc. I think the only thing she did was put new tires and battery. I turned it to a LT who restored it for show. I made enough to fund my TA project.

I'm a diehard MOPAR fan after years of playing with all these cars. I've had the most fun with MOPARS, and love the E-Bodies. I picked up my '70 Challenger for $300 last year. Doing a full resto on it with some new mod twists. The only other car I'm going to add to my collection will be the '71 Cuda.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds nice.

All I'm asking is that you becareful not to cause a bunch of fights. There is a way to bring across your message in a way that won't offend people quite as much. For example, this time you explained why you don't care for Ford instead of saying "F*** Ford." The other members who are Mustang owners/fans will not be quite as offended.

Think about how you would have reacted if I would have said the same about Pontiac, the Firebird Trans Am, or a MOPAR that you liked. I'm saying this because a few weeks ago a big fight started by a person slaming the other members cars. As a Moderator, I am supposed to try to prevent and get disputes under control.

You have the right to express your opinion about any car, the only thing I request is that you try not to make such sharp remarks.

Good luck on the 1970 Challenger. Keep us posted on it!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-28-2006, 01:19 PM

This is what is cool about this site, is there is no brand bashing here, because even though I have a mustang and I do like this car, I still like the challenger. And I personally respect any muscle car as long as I get that respect back.

Sounds like though the problem with the mustang you had, was the lasy didn't take care of it. You mistreat any car, you will have problems.

Quick Reply: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums