Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

*ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

Old 09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

This is what is cool about this site, is there is no brand bashing here, because even though I have a mustang and I do like this car, I still like the challenger. And I personally respect any muscle car as long as I get that respect back.

Sounds like though the problem with the mustang you had, was the lasy didn't take care of it. You mistreat any car, you will have problems.

That is why I'm trying to prevent brand bashing. Some of the disputes at DF get on my nerves, even when I agree with the opinions of the bashers, it just isn't right in my mind but I don't have any real power to stop it over there. I've been to other forums that are like that and what happens is two or three groups are formed and all they ever do is attack each other, then new people try to join to ask questions or to talk and they either get involved with the attacking or they get pushed away by the members that have been their for a while.

Also, I use DF for my more opinionated remarks instead of this forum so then it doesn't destroy a perfectly friendly forum environment. The way I see it, there are lots of members at DF that make tons of opinionated remarks which has alright sort of divided the members to siding with each other. When I state my opinions and debate them over there, the forum environment is already loaded with disputes so it doesn't make a very big difference.

The one thing that I believe is there is a difference between criticizing and bashing. The difference is I list some problem I find with the brands, but I never say things like "they suck" or such. I'm probably the biggest critic on the forum about a wide variety of cars, but the difference is I criticize every manufacturer when I think they are making a mistake.

The thing is I believe each manufacture, whether or not I like them, has great ideas that should be used. For example, I criticize Toyota all the time, but I think they have some great ideas that the Big Three should consider more often, such as having premium level interior on non-premium cars without premium pricing.

Your right about how reliability can be affected by the way a previous owner treated a car. When I first got my Intrepid, it had a few bugs to work out of it. The fool had brought it to places I wouldn't be caught dead bringing my car to, and skipped maintenance. Now its fine, without needing to replace anything too serious.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 AM

This is only true with the automatic. The stock manual GT with no mods can do an easy spin into 1st and 2nd gear on take off.
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

As an example, I have a family member who has a 2006 Ford Mustang GT and this car barely does a spin out on take off as it just not have enough torque to really get the car going with 300HP.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM

Heres some Mustang guys that love the Challenger on my Mustang site. Great photo chops too. (sorry if it's a repost i'm new here)

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51325

and then we have the brand bashers..I was quick to step in with a relative comment.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50948

Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: BigBlockCT

This is only true with the automatic. The stock manual GT with no mods can do an easy spin into 1st and 2nd gear on take off.
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

As an example, I have a family member who has a 2006 Ford Mustang GT and this car barely does a spin out on take off as it just not have enough torque to really get the car going with 300HP.

This is true Jeremiah, I can spin the wheels at take off, and bark 2nd. I have even barked 3rd a couple times, don't know how, because when I try to it doesn't. I let my friend drive it, and we took it to a parking lot. He did what he called a MAd Max. Basically a donut with a line through it. AT first though he couldn't get it to spin around, then I said turn off the Traction Control, and bam all the way around and with the wheels still spinning, but the line through it. One of the big complaints though is the wheel hop. By replacing the LCA's, this remedies it. I am going to get some, but had to spend that money on a motorcycle repair.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

That is true about how traction control can prevent a person from feeling the full power through a burn out.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-31-2006, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Musclecar_maniac

"I assume you're talking about the Challenger because Dodge ALREADY makes a 420 hp Charger (it's called the SRT8). Guess what, it's hardly a threat to Ford in Challenger or Charger format. It's so pig-heavy that the current Charger SRT8 will just barely hang with a stock GT. Put an intake and tune on a GT and it will walk the SRT8. The new Challenger will be built on the Chrysler 300 chassis, same as the Charger. Even though it's a two door, it's going to be a BIG car. I saw it at the Dallas Auto Show, and it is indeed BIG. The base model will probably get a 6 cylinder, then the next model up will probably by the Daytona R/T Hemi and the upper end model will be the 425 hp hemi. The upper model will have trouble with lightly modded GTs and will not come anywhere close to the performance of the Shelby.

By the way, you guys that don't think the Shelby performs have been reading too many Motor Trends. Lethal swapped the pulley and tires and tossed a tune on theirs and they're running low 11's. LOW 11'S. AS IN A HAIR FROM 10'S! Forget the Challenger, it's not a contender. I would love to see it be a contender, but it's on the wrong chassis. They should have designed it from the ground up, but I can certainly understand them not wanting to spend the development money to do so. "

I found this on the mustang forums...What do youguys think? Will challengers really have trouble with lightly modded GTs?

Yeah but,,,, it takes a blower to get that from their shelby. Wait till the kits start popping up on our toys. We'll see then.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Perhaps. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the current Mustang nor the styling of the new Camaro, I'm glad Detroit is making muscle cars again.

I also hope GM does a better job with the GTO. I would like to see them bring back the Firebird more than the GTO, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I'll have to admit, the mustang while not too pretty on the outside, does have the int. I'm a camaro to euro convert waiting for the next great muscle car. My father just bought his 07 musclebanger, and admittingly, its a nice car. I will not however be buying the camaro though. Just seems like gm is headed in the wrong direction again.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Administrator

as someone who isnt a huge fan of FMC, I find humor in the "ford needs forced induction to make power" comments...as i have used it on many occassions myself...

however, regardless of how it is made, the GT500 makes big power and like the terminator, the new shelby provides solid competition for the rest of the performance world.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: shelbywho

I'll have to admit, the mustang while not too pretty on the outside, does have the int. I'm a camaro to euro convert waiting for the next great muscle car. My father just bought his 07 musclebanger, and admittingly, its a nice car. I will not however be buying the camaro though. Just seems like gm is headed in the wrong direction again.
That it does. The interior is a huge improvement over the interior that was pratically unchanged from the 94 model, which looks very similar to the interior that was in the post 91 Thunderbird.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

as someone who isnt a huge fan of FMC, I find humor in the "ford needs forced induction to make power" comments...as i have used it on many occassions myself...

however, regardless of how it is made, the GT500 makes big power and like the terminator, the new shelby provides solid competition for the rest of the performance world.
Your right that it does, but the only thing is I don't think it is going to take much to de-throne it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: *ahem* Found this on the 'stang forums