Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

08 vs 09 SRT

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 vs 09 SRT

I'm on the verge of putting a Challenger in my garage. Quite a few '08 SRT's still available around Southern Ontario at what look to be about $2000 (MRSP) less than an '09. This would be auto vs. auto. Other than getting the bugs out, are there any major differences between the cars? Has anybody driven both and notice a big change?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 PM

Default RE: 08 vs 09 SRT

The 08's were as close to being a hand built car as it could be for a factory that size every one was gone over and over to make sure it was right the 09's are a full prod car and they pop them out and ship them right away STS turbo the company that turbo charged my Orange 08 said that my 08 stock testing data and doing the same testing on a stock 09 SRT8 auto that they were working on yesterday my 08 was 1 10th quicker and 2 mph faster in the quarter. Dont know why but the weather was cooler when they tested the Black 09 it should have run quicker and faster. Or it could just be that Orange is faster than Black I do know that the Silver is the slowest of all 3 colors that were build in 08

ORIGINAL: lubepimp

I'm on the verge of putting a Challenger in my garage. Quite a few '08 SRT's still available around Southern Ontario at what look to be about $2000 (MRSP) less than an '09. This would be auto vs. auto. Other than getting the bugs out, are there any major differences between the cars? Has anybody driven both and notice a big change?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM

I hear that you have to put a ton of mods, and money into the Orange ones just to make them fun.

CAUTION! Slow moving traffic ahead...

Ever notice that the signs that say that are Orange with black writing?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm sure 08 Orange is just as fast as 09 Orange. Colors aside, any word on either year having fewer or different issues? I think I read somewhere that the brakes are different? Any other changes made from year to year?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM

I remember seeing a list that documented the changes, and there were quite a few. I'll see if I can find it for you.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

The 08's were as close to being a hand built car as it could be for a factory that size every one was gone over and over to make sure it was right the 09's are a full prod car and they pop them out and ship them right away STS turbo the company that turbo charged my Orange 08 said that my 08 stock testing data and doing the same testing on a stock 09 SRT8 auto that they were working on yesterday my 08 was 1 10th quicker and 2 mph faster in the quarter. Dont know why but the weather was cooler when they tested the Black 09 it should have run quicker and faster. Or it could just be that Orange is faster than Black I do know that the Silver is the slowest of all 3 colors that were build in 08

they were built on the same line as everything else....no difference in build quality...just a little dash sticker you get for getting an 08 instead of 09...imo
Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 PM

The 09's will have remote start, and you can get an 09 in TorRed.

The prices are higher on the same car, MSRP to MSRP.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 AM

I think I would be wary of the remote start, even out in the country. Somebody hears that rumble and they may come runnin' and jump in the driver's seat!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:58 AM

There have been more issues with the 09 then the 08.

I'm sure 08 Orange is just as fast as 09 Orange. Colors aside, any word on either year having fewer or different issues? I think I read somewhere that the brakes are different? Any other changes made from year to year?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 AM

Everyone without a dash plaque says that. Could it be plaque envy?
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

they were built on the same line as everything else....no difference in build quality...just a little dash sticker you get for getting an 08 instead of 09...imo

Quick Reply: 08 vs 09 SRT