Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 Hemi Orange SRT's Available

Old 05-15-2008, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Hemi Orange SRT's Available

Paladin06 I think you are off by a factor of 10. If what I am hearing is correct, it will either be 1000 (give or take) or end of July before the color will simply be no longer available

As for other colors coming. I am told the color palette will start to look more like that of the Viper as the Viper is retired. The Challenger takes the Vipers place the premiere performance car for Dodge. (The difference being the Challenger comes in three "affordable" trim lines.)
Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM

Heh, wouldn't that be interesting if they gave numbered plaques to the limited number Hemi Orange '09s if the paint is going to be limited like that? They did it with the couple of hundred of Plum Crazy SRT8 Chargers when they had left over paint from the Plum Crazy Daytona Chargers, no? ###/1000 Hemi Orange '09 SRT8 or a ###/6400 Hemi Orange '08 -- man there would be some people who would rage about that.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM

I was talking to my cousin today and he happened to mention he thought he heard the Hemi-Orange is being offered on the SRT8 for the whole of the production year 2009, with no limitations. I asked him to confirm it, but I have not heard back yet. Does anyone know? Curious.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Red Letter Dodge Bob says that it will be a limited run of the '09 SRT Hemi Orange that will only be available the first half of the MY. With it sounding like the SRT's being later run than the R/T's this may end up being relatively limited.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 AM

eyup. Got an answer back from my 'cus - Limited run, ends either at the end of 2008 (a 2008 color for the SRT) or no later than first quarter 2009 to give those who ordered a 2008 and got bumped (BG) to 2009 an opportunity to get it. In either case its a limited run and quantity of cars having the color may also factor in, so they could ratchet back the color option if they think there are nearing too many. thanks - seems the answers are as consistant as we can hope for.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM

I'm not sure about the 2009 SRT8 in Hemi Orange being available but I've finally been successful in finalizing an order for a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T in Hemi Orange. The dealer did not have any prices yet and he actually showed me his computer order screen. But the prices are due out in 2 weeks and this was last Thursday. So another week and dealer said he felt sure it would come in between 35,000 and 37,000 MSRP . I agreed to MSRP or less but don't expect any discount. Good Luck to all you Forum Members , Fat Cat
Old 05-22-2008, 04:39 PM

JOHNNYTUNIALS, I 100% agree with all that you said, but in my heart I hope you are wrong for all those loyal mopar members on here and my self as I've just ordered a 2009 R/T Challenger with a large deposit and to be honest with you I'll believe I have a Challenger when I drive off the Dealers lot with it and not a day sooner. All these "von's" and C status, D status , D1 Status, D,E,F ,BG, M, O , P and so no don't mean a thing except to those looking at the build sheets as they go down the assembly line.........BUT I hope you and I are BOTH WRONG .....LOL Fat Cat
ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

Geeeee I have friends that have ordered a 2008 Challenger in the 1st hour of ordering......
Some are still annoyed not getting any dates or info on the car
Some others are annoyed saying that the dealer will not be able to get the car,,,but
they are happy to sell the Dealership car at $5000 over Msrp.....
In the next few months we will see how many Happy or Uphappy people........
I think Most will never see the car they ordered
and many will lie telling you that they already have theirs.(they are salespeople}
I hope I am wrong butttttttt we will see in June how many unhappy people there are?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Hemi Orange is a *definite* for 2009 SRT8s. No question about that.

The only question is for how long or for how many cars.

Will they just make as many cars as their remaining paint supplies from the '09 R/Ts allow since R/Ts will be built first? (Similar to how they made a handful of Plum Crazy charger SRT8s from the left over paint used for the Plum Crazy daytona chargers?

Will they allocate X amount of paint for the 2009 year and once that's gone it's gone?

Will they continue to allocate and paint cars until a specific cut-off date?

Will it continue through the entire 2009 MY?

I'm not sure what I'm willing to subscribe to, yet. However, it's a definite that at least a handful of 2009 SRT8s will be painted Hemi Orange as an absolute worst case scenario.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 PM

Fatcat why order a 2009 Challenger Rt???
I am sure Dodge will flood the Market with Challengers along with GM and their Camaros
and Ford with Their Stang Gts.
I would never Order a car from a dealer again,I would never believe what any dealer would tell me.
I am sure you will be able to get a Challenger at INVOICE if you want to look atad.
I got my 2006 Stang Gt at Invoice while most other dealers wanted over MSRP.....
For the other people the Challenger will not be a limited car,they are going to make as many as they can.
Gas prices will be $5 before summers end and prices of gas will be at $6-$7 before Xmas time.
Look at oil prices at $136 a barrel today and $150 in the summer......
People are paying in many parts of the country $4.50 a gallion now,,,
Just wait till the end of the summer and we will see $5 and above per gallion.....

So how will Dodge,Ford,Gm sell their V8s?????
Many will not be able afford to pay for gas and all these dealers will
be sitting on these V8s for many months without selling many.
You will see they will be giving these cars away......
To me when the 2009 Challenger Hits the dealers Lots then I will give them my offer at INVOICE
They will accept it.........
For many people that say they will be getting MSRP or OVER,,they are salespeople talking........
I see how this economy is doing.........
What are we going to do when the Lerberman and warner bill on globel warming passes the senate???
Gas will be hit with a $1.50 TAX on each gallion.
Car dealers are going to have many problems starting in the next few weeks...............JT
Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

Fatcat why order a 2009 Challenger Rt???
I am sure Dodge will flood the Market with Challengers along with GM and their Camaros
and Ford with Their Stang Gts.
I would never Order a car from a dealer again,I would never believe what any dealer would tell me.
I am sure you will be able to get a Challenger at INVOICE if you want to look atad.
I got my 2006 Stang Gt at Invoice while most other dealers wanted over MSRP.....
For the other people the Challenger will not be a limited car,they are going to make as many as they can.
Gas prices will be $5 before summers end and prices of gas will be at $6-$7 before Xmas time.
Look at oil prices at $136 a barrel today and $150 in the summer......
People are paying in many parts of the country $4.50 a gallion now,,,
Just wait till the end of the summer and we will see $5 and above per gallion.....

So how will Dodge,Ford,Gm sell their V8s?????
Many will not be able afford to pay for gas and all these dealers will
be sitting on these V8s for many months without selling many.
You will see they will be giving these cars away......
To me when the 2009 Challenger Hits the dealers Lots then I will give them my offer at INVOICE
They will accept it.........
For many people that say they will be getting MSRP or OVER,,they are salespeople talking........
I see how this economy is doing.........
What are we going to do when the Lerberman and warner bill on globel warming passes the senate???
Gas will be hit with a $1.50 TAX on each gallion.
Car dealers are going to have many problems starting in the next few weeks...............JT

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!! (WITH MY FIST IN THE AIR) I have spoken to a bunch of dealers in the last 2 weeks....i have come to the conclusion that this board is littered and other boards are littered with salesmen ect...if not dodge employees...HYPEING this car and saying this isnt gonna be available and this is going to be limited...ect ect ect

i mean good gracious...golly gee ( thats for you mr moderator) gosh darn it....it is a little obvious...the general got caught a year ago doing this type of thing on websites.....and was put on blast...they had a team of people doing it...

i have decided to WAIT and these dealers that are acting like sharks...feeding on the masses...and acting as if they are giving us the world by "letting" us have it at msrp or msrp plus....

like you the ecomony and gas prices..will tank this strategy they have...and THEY KNOW IT... this is why they are trying to gather as many sales as they can now...

Dodge is a smart company...they will make as many as they can to sell....they are going to make the cheap versions first..so they can sale... alot of dealers have ordered many of these cars...including srt's...when they hit the lots and SIT THERE ... AND THEY WILL BECUASE OF GAS PRICES...i will be there with 35k to put down on one...and like you...make my offer....which will be 500 ABOVE INVOICE...actual dodge invoice...not a 3rd copy of fudged copy...done seen that game run....

alot of you guys are right...this is 1968-1970 again.......high gas prices...bad economy.. and guess what..the public wants gas saving cars....I went to a kia dealer today...5595.00 plus tax in nc and you go down the road in a new car.....whoa....girlfriend would like that very much....

i mean man...5500 isnt all that much for a new car that gets 38 miles to the gallon....and guess what no gas guzzler tax....

i have never paid msrp...and i dont expect to start with my first mopar..... i drive 2006 ford powerstroke that stickered at 43k...went downt he road...tax and tags,...for 32k.....

and our ford dealers are very tough....to deal with....

but once again...RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2009 Hemi Orange SRT's Available