Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

Old 11-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

About 525

I apologize for my tone in the previous post but I get tired of the negativity around here.
2007, the "negativity" that you speak of comes largely from people like yourself making claims saying "reliable sources at _____ confirm that _____ will happen in year _____"... but then they never say what or who the source is, much less how "reliable" the source really is. So what are we to really believe? Can you blame some of us (myself definitely included) for being more than a little skeptical of such things, especially about something like the 6.4 Hemi supposedly being a reality when virtually everything about the car companies (Chrysler in particular) point to the contrary?

One may say "my sources can't be named for fear of retribution" or whatever. Fine. Then it reverts back to rumor status. If what this "source" is saying really is true, then they have no business spreading such things until they can be verified or confirmed.

Don't take this personally, but I for one don't put any stock on these "reliable sources" claims like yours, regardless of where they come from. Your source may indeed be reliable, but that's irrelevant in my opinion. Show me some cold hard facts. Show me the money. Otherwise, such claims as you have made are merely rumors, and they will be treated as such.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:02 PM

hey hey hey, reliable sources are better than just a random guy saying it. If the guy has a history of being right then i would probably believe him. But you are right yankee it is a rumor till confirmed.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM

Here's the thing, just because it's a reliable source doesn't mean that's how things will turn out. A month ago sources straight from GM would have told you the Camaro convertible was coming out next year. The economy has changed their plans. Chrysler's future is a big question mark right now, but that doesn't mean they've stopped product development or are sitting on their @$$es waiting to go under. They could very well be planning a 6.4 for the future, and maybe this source at Allpar did get his info from the horse's mouth, but that doesn't mean that it will actually happen. Things are going up and down and all around in this economy and I wouldn't cancel my order or take a huge gamble on information found at only one site on the internet.

Beyond that, I have read a few articles from allpar since this auto industry meltdown began, and I've found their opinions to be very biased. They seem to predict the best about everything and a lot of their information went against every other source I heard from.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:57 PM

I too understand too much "negativity", but I stand by my comments about Cebreus. ALL product planning goes out the window w/ a new owner...irregardless of industry. I truly hope the 6.4 happens, I'd be in line for it. But in MHO our new owners have been looking for an "exit" longer than they have been building product. Tell me what THEY have added??? Everything has been cuts, cost savings and streamlining. That is "lipstick" for the sale.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Gentlemen, why engage in endless speculation? Let's take our questions directly to Will, the Dodge Online Dialogue Representative!

Will, tell us: Will there be a 6.4?

Will?

Will???

OK. Bad idea. Getting back to speculating, I think the future of the 6.4 is a definite maybe.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 AM

well we now know that the 2010 mustang is staying with the 4.6Liter V8 in the GT giving it a little more hp and torque 315/325 guess there wont be returning to the 5.0Liter like it was rumoured
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 AM

Until I see an auto sitting in the showroom, I consider it a rumour.......I was surprised when Dodge actually built the new Challenger, and in two years no less!

I was talking with a Dodge dealership owner that wanted to order a Challenger Drag Car a couple of weeks back and he said that they may have "replaced", "retired", "relocated"...whatever....the person in charge of the new Challenger Drag Car Program............IF that truly is the case, I wonder how that would play into the offering of a 6.4 Hemi Challenger? And,for that matter...the Drag Car Program....

(**Just heard another rumuor...a dealer who has an out of this world location (Mars) may buy Chrysler just to get his hands (many hands) on the jeep line...something about off roading...anyway, it's just a rumour I saw on the front of a newspaper while waiting in line at the supermarket....)
Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 PM

6.4 Hemi Drag Jeep anyone..??
Old 11-19-2008, 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee
2007, the "negativity" that you speak of comes largely from people like yourself making claims saying "reliable sources at _____ confirm that _____ will happen in year _____"... but then they never say what or who the source is, much less how "reliable" the source really is.
Don't take this personally, but I for one don't put any stock on these "reliable sources" claims like yours, regardless of where they come from. Your source may indeed be reliable, but that's irrelevant in my opinion.
The negativity I was thinking about is all doom in the press about the auto industry bringing people down around here. The source is not mine, the poster is no secret to anybody reading AllPar, a great site by the way on all things Chrysler and the auto industry in general. The posters track record for being right is relevant and I'm glad to hear some good news for a change. Of course nothing is etched in stone and I'll personally keep my current SRT order for many various reasons.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 AM

Fair enough 2007, didn't mean to sound harsh. I've been a fan of Allpar for about 10 years now, pretty much since they were founded - I sometimes wish their tests and evaluations were a bit more objective at times, but that's about the only minor beef I've ever really had with them.

I've said this before, I personally don't think the 6.4 will ever see the light of day (and if it does by some miracle, it will be very very limited numbers, and I'd hate to see what the dealer markup would be on one of those - frightening to say the least I'm sure...), but I hope I'm wrong. If it becomes a regular production option I'll be a happy guy for sure.