Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Adjusted Market Values:

Old 05-24-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusted Market Values:

Hey everyone. What are the odds that Dodge will rape its Challenger customers the way Ford has been raping the public with the GT 500? I understand that the market will bear what people will pay,but 15 to 20k over MSRP for a blown mustang with a body kit and a Shelby sticker is ridiculous. See my experience below.

I found a GT500 at an Autonation dealer here in N. Texas, price was MSRP and the web price was 3,000 off MSRP. I printed the ad and called the dealer. This was two days ago. Advertised price was 41,000 dollars (black on black, stripe delete), and the salesman agreed. He gets the same flat rate on any car he sells. So, he puts me on hold in order to write the car up. Guess what happenes next? He comes back ten minutes later, crestfallen, and embarassed. Says the car is actually 65 grand. I tell him NO, IT'S NOT! I refresh the webpage and guess what? Price is still 41k. A$$ HOLES.

I still have the printed copy, so I threaten with a lawsuit. I called back today, car is still available, and the website still says 41k. I ask to talk to the internet mgr, he confirms the car is still available, then when I mention the price, he lies and says the car is sold to someone in Oklahoma. BS I say, you just said it was available, and another salesman said it's on your dealer floor with an ADM sticker at 65grand!" I went on to say: "You have five Shelbys and they are all advertised for 3 grand UNDER MSRP. Honor your price." His reply? "Sue us, we won't honor the price". I told him and his dealer to go to hell. End of the story. I am done with this BS. Screw the GT500 and it's godd**mn ADM, and Screw FORD. It's a shame, as it would have been fun to drive the Shelby until the Chally arrives. I will be sending an email to the entire executive staff at Autonation.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Adjusted Market Values:

I am all for capitalismbut over charging for anyhting is stupid. If I was ford or dodge or whoever I would pu tit ou that you can't charge more than MSRP. of cource if some one it stupid enough to pa 20 grand over what something is worth then they deserve to get taken imo.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Guys just so you know the dealer agreement says that they cannot charge over MSRP but some dealers get away with charging more by adding dealer installed options like $3,000.00 floor mats and $7,000.00 paint protection or they license the car and record it sold then it becomes a used car that they can charge whatever they want.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I think that anyone trying to buy a Challenger the first year will pay way over MSRP- simple supply and demand economics.

I, for one, will wait until the demand dies down somewhat, and will buy from a dealer who gives me the best price- even if it means having the car shipped from out-of-state.

From researching the Charger SRTs, I found that many buyers were paying MSRP when they first came out. Now, if you look around you can pick them up at or slightly above invoice (with a $3,500 factory rebate as a bonus)!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:35 AM

good luck in your letter/lawsuit
Old 05-24-2007, 11:48 AM

I will never set foot in another Ford dealership again. I have owned Ford trucks for years, and I have always had a good relationship with my dealership until now. Suddenly Ford gets a hot product and the try to fook the public, and a long time customer. I am seriously pissed off. Right now the Shelby is the only really potent pony car out there. No Chally, no GTO, no Camaro. I will wait for the Chally.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM

They probably wanted to overcharge you because they're afraid you will corrupt the legendary name of one of their cars and call it a 'Stang. Probably, you'll face the same treatment if you walk into a dealer selling Challengers and ask for a Chally.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

They probably wanted to overcharge you because they're afraid you will corrupt the legendary name of one of their cars and call it a 'Stang. Probably, you'll face the same treatment if you walk into a dealer selling Challengers and ask for a Chally.
"Hellooooo lovey, I do say, do you have one of those fine Chally steeds in your stable??? " ---> BITE ME! . It's easier to type Chally and Stang. I wouldn't call it that in the dealership though, just as I don't refer to San Francisco as well, uh, Frisco in the presence of a San Franciscan. Them's fightin' words.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: jtw715

I will never set foot in another Ford dealership again. I have owned Ford trucks for years, and I have always had a good relationship with my dealership until now. Suddenly Ford gets a hot product and the try to fook the public, and a long time customer. I am seriously pissed off. Right now the Shelby is the only really potent pony car out there. No Chally, no GTO, no Camaro. I will wait for the Chally.
This happened at a dealer that you have bought from before? Wow thats just BS. Im on my third from the same dealer. No way will I pay a markup. I do my best to wait until the second year anyways.