Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Are all Challengers garbage??

Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are all Challengers garbage??

No, they are not. It's not like the cars have a lot of technology that did not already exist in other Dodge products. The Challenger is just the most attractive use of those parts for the money.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rudy61SRT8
I will be making some phone calls and it could be Camaro time...
Yes they are all garbage. Time to sell the SRT8 now and get out of it while the getting is good. I can provide you a Camaro forum link if need be.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 AM

I bought my 2008 in Sept of 08. Except for 2 software updates the car has been trouble free. Overall the car exceeds my expeditions. Do I have a few beefs yes but minor. I have owned American, German and Japanese cars. In the past I have not been happy with the overall experience with American cars. I have had 4 jeeps GC limited and my last one was a great car. The challenger is even better. I think the quality is great. Fit and finish is great as well. Can you see place where they saved money, YES.. But they all are doing this.

It kills me where everyone thinks the 09 are not part of the first build. Most 08 came in service late in the year. I think the ones that sold for big bucks are garage queens. So there was not a great deal of lead time for reengineering issues. I would think provided they have engineers at best we would see changes in 2010. The upside I think most issues can be fixed with software updates. Amazing how much software controls our cars.

My only BIG concern is with Chrysler. I think they will survive. But at what cost to us?? Will the customer be the brunt of it?? Will every warrantee be challenged to the max? Will we see no TSB fixes? Etc.

On the other hand I have big issues with Chrysler financial. They are unprofessional and unethical. This is based on my insurance company over paying them and they kept the money.