Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
V6 (250hp) - $25,000
6.67%
5.7 Hemi (350hp) - $35,000
40.00%
6.1 Hemi (425hp) - $42,500
33.33%
6.4 Hemi (500hp) - $50,000
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Old 06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Just thought about this. If all you guys want is performance in the $25K range, why don't you look at used Vipers? They are getting around that price now. It has more performance potiential.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Bad news, I just talked with a friend with connections to many dealers and the word is, expect the car to be in the $60,000 range based on excitement they're seeing from A LOT OF PEOPLE! I'm bummed, I was afraid of this!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Bad news, I just talked with a friend with connections to many dealers and the word is, expect the car to be in the $60,000 range based on excitement they're seeing from A LOT OF PEOPLE! I'm bummed, I was afraid of this!
I think the best thing all of us can do is just write e-mails, pray, and wait. It isn't going to do any good to get all worked up over something we can't control directly.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Administrator

for anyone who TRUSTS people at dealerships, they either also work at a dealership, or they have never worked at a dealership to experience how LITTLE people at dealerships know. i have worked at a dealership, and they know nothing. they will make it seem like they Actually know something, but in many cases, they know less than the public...theyre worthless.

DCX has to know that making this car 60 grand secures a very short production, and it wont last more than a couple years, if that. hell, last model year vipers are still sitting at the plant...

honestly, i would consider a 60,000 price tag a direct insult, and at that point, i can guarantee that DCX loses a long time faithful enthusiast.

im already considering getting SRTEETR on my evo or GTO tags.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

for anyone who TRUSTS people at dealerships, they either also work at a dealership, or they have never worked at a dealership to experience how LITTLE people at dealerships know. i have worked at a dealership, and they know nothing. they will make it seem like they Actually know something, but in many cases, they know less than the public...theyre worthless.

DCX has to know that making this car 60 grand secures a very short production, and it wont last more than a couple years, if that. hell, last model year vipers are still sitting at the plant...

honestly, i would consider a 60,000 price tag a direct insult, and at that point, i can guarantee that DCX loses a long time faithful enthusiast.

im already considering getting SRTEETR on my evo or GTO tags.
You seem to eat up bad news from dealerships like flies go after sugar. You want to believe the bad news claim that this will cost $60,000 but you complain about the claim I heard about the designing of the Challenger. What gives? Doesn't it look as though they did? Look at the interior. There is a lot of obvious inspiration from the original such as the pistol grip. The exterior looks so retro that it could be mistaken as the next model year. You said earilier in another discussion that you knew one salesman who you knew that knew his stuff. Is it impossible in your mind that there would be another one. I agree most do not know what they are talking about but this guy knew a lot of specific info about the car I was test driving (and I'm not talking about features either).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

amanda's aunt is a sales woman at what i am told is the highest volume dodge dealership in the US, and she knows nothing about the challenger. as tight lipped as DCX is about this car, how would some random salesmen know such in depth info?

and im not believing the 60k price tag...im stating that if it happens, it will be the final nail in the coffin for alot of DCX faithful.

i could have bought a 93 viper when i worked for dodge, for 24k. but i am a fan of buying new cars...i like to be the first person to punish a car, and that way, i know that it is maintained properly. i dont want a used up performance car...i want a new performance car with an mtx...and i would prefer it from dodge..but right now, my only option looks to be the viper, the srt10 RC, or a caliber srt4...when it comes out.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

amanda's aunt is a sales woman at what i am told is the highest volume dodge dealership in the US, and she knows nothing about the challenger. as tight lipped as DCX is about this car, how would some random salesmen know such in depth info?

and im not believing the 60k price tag...im stating that if it happens, it will be the final nail in the coffin for alot of DCX faithful.

i could have bought a 93 viper when i worked for dodge, for 24k. but i am a fan of buying new cars...i like to be the first person to punish a car, and that way, i know that it is maintained properly. i dont want a used up performance car...i want a new performance car with an mtx...and i would prefer it from dodge..but right now, my only option looks to be the viper, the srt10 RC, or a caliber srt4...when it comes out.
I agree that I do not think a sales person will know about price. They are just speculating at this time as well.

My guess that is that the price will be in the upper $40K range initially. and move to the lower $40K range.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:18 PM

NOBODY knows the real prices that these things will go for. Especially when the stealerships start adding on their 'availability charges' to the bottom line. DCX hasn't even announced any confirmed plans to BUILD it, let alone what the pricing will be. Anybody that says otherwise is just guessing, BSing, or both.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

NOBODY knows the real prices that these things will go for. Especially when the stealerships start adding on their 'availability charges' to the bottom line. DCX hasn't even announced any confirmed plans to BUILD it, let alone what the pricing will be. Anybody that says otherwise is just guessing, BSing, or both.
You are so right on. We are all just guessing and oh by the way there is no commitment yet to build it.

If they elect not to build it this forum will go down the drain or we will have to pick another car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

dont hold your breath on that 6.4L challenger...there is nothing to suggest that it will happen, and dodge will never build a car to compete with the viper, unless its priced like the viper...and i know that im sure not willing to pay 85,000 for the challenger...500hp or not.

the first challengers will be the "Collectors items"...especially if they are limited production. its just how it is...the first mustangs (s197), even though they had some bugs that werent worked out yet, are the same way. however, ive said before, i dont have to get the first challenger in the county...i just want to get one. if the RT (6.1) is price around 32,000...i will happily wait until all the old men who like to waste money, who will never drive their challenger pay their 10k or msrp, and they get stuck with the "bugs" and recalls.
What if could buy a 6.1L Challenger but the dealer could swap it out for a 6.4L engine? That would be cool.

It would like when the Don Yenko would do that to the Chevelles and create the 427CI Yenko Chevelle that could run the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds.

I have talked about history repeating itself like the long gasolines lines and maybe we could have long car lines at the dealership modifying and putting in the 6.4L engines.

Quick Reply: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?