Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
V6 (250hp) - $25,000
6.67%
5.7 Hemi (350hp) - $35,000
40.00%
6.1 Hemi (425hp) - $42,500
33.33%
6.4 Hemi (500hp) - $50,000
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Old 06-01-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Lets be realistic and honest here to try to get a idea of what we could afford and what version of the Challenger we would purchase. This is the question DCX is asking itself right now!!!

Obviously, I guestimated at those prices but it gives us options.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

is that is the way that they are priced, none of them, and it has nothing to do with my financial situation.

a V6 for 25,000 is ridiculous, considering that you can get a 350Z for slightly more, and it has 300hp.

the 5.7L for 35,000...again, is not competitive price wise with any car in its power class. for less than 35,000 i can get a 400hp GTO...

42,500 for the 6.1 is in the price range of the GT500, and they have announced that the power is officially 500hp...

and 50,000 for this is also way too much...as there is no proof to the 6.4 finding its way into anything except for maybe the firepower or the srt-8 rams...

unfortunately, you might not be that far off with your price estimates, and i truly believe that if they go this way, and price the challenger models as shown above, it will make for a VERY short existance of the car...and they might as well not make it at all. they need to stop comparing the possible prices of the challenger to OTHER chrysler products...they NEED to compare the pricing options to the cars in their performance class.

the V6 model needs to be dirt cheap, because i sure wouldnt want one for 25,000...that car is going to be a pig with that engine and the weight of the LY platform

the 5.7L option has less performance capabilities than the GTO, the Mustang, and the Evo, so it needs to be priced similarly. the mustang is much cheaper than the GTO or the Evo...but it should at least be so more expensive than the later two.

the 6.1, as shown, should probably be the premium line, and with 75 less hp than the GT500, and the SAME power as the srt-8 charger and 300C, it would be insanity to charge that much more...the srt-8 charger is around 38,000...so we are talking an increase of 7,500 for what? a manual trans?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?

Have to agree with Patrick on this one. Those prices are too high, considering what the competition is offering for less. For that kind of coin I can get a decent original Challenger, which will appreciate instead of going the other way as soon as I take it of the stealership's lot. They have to price it according to what the competition has available, otherwise they are just wasting our time and the company's resources.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:33 AM

I hope the're not that pricey or
I will have to consider other options.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: SixPackEasy

I hope the're not that pricey or
I will have to consider other options.
Ditto that. I didn't vote. The Shelby GT500 is now in C6 Corvette territory. Chrysler better not make the same mistake.

I currently bleed Ford Blue but... if the Challenger is appropriately priced, I'll be more than willing to bleed Hemi Orange....
Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 PM

I'd like to see the 6.1L priced around $32-$35k. I would pull the trigger on that without a problem & I think that is a realistic range. I think dealers will get a premium initially on the Challenger but if DCX produces enough that should subside quickly. If they only produce a limited high-end version I expect the dealer markup to hold for awhile.

[8D]
Old 06-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Does anybody have any thoughts on why the 1st year Challengers would be collectors items.

Personally, knowing what I know now I would not buy the 2005 Mustang, I would wait and get the 2006 since it has many fewer problems.

I suspect the same would be true with the 1st produced Challlengers, but is it worth buying the first few. Or do you wait until they build a few thousand
then get one that is more reliable.

Which one is collectible the first ones or the more reliable ones?

If I am getting the one, it will be the 6.4L version.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Administrator

dont hold your breath on that 6.4L challenger...there is nothing to suggest that it will happen, and dodge will never build a car to compete with the viper, unless its priced like the viper...and i know that im sure not willing to pay 85,000 for the challenger...500hp or not.

the first challengers will be the "Collectors items"...especially if they are limited production. its just how it is...the first mustangs (s197), even though they had some bugs that werent worked out yet, are the same way. however, ive said before, i dont have to get the first challenger in the county...i just want to get one. if the RT (6.1) is price around 32,000...i will happily wait until all the old men who like to waste money, who will never drive their challenger pay their 10k or msrp, and they get stuck with the "bugs" and recalls.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

These numbers look too unrealisticly high. I think it would be priced more like the Charger. The problem I have with you guys comparing the Challenger to cars such as the Evo and the 350Z is they are in another class. It is like comparing the SRT-4 to a Mustang GT. Also the 350Z is over $3K higher than that, plus you know the dealership will jack-up the price. The purpose of the Challenger is to make a tribute to a sweet car, the Viper is the true preformance car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

dont hold your breath on that 6.4L challenger...there is nothing to suggest that it will happen, and dodge will never build a car to compete with the viper, unless its priced like the viper...and i know that im sure not willing to pay 85,000 for the challenger...500hp or not.

the first challengers will be the "Collectors items"...especially if they are limited production. its just how it is...the first mustangs (s197), even though they had some bugs that werent worked out yet, are the same way. however, ive said before, i dont have to get the first challenger in the county...i just want to get one. if the RT (6.1) is price around 32,000...i will happily wait until all the old men who like to waste money, who will never drive their challenger pay their 10k or msrp, and they get stuck with the "bugs" and recalls.
I certainly understand that the 6.4L may never come out and even $50K is very high.

So if you wait till all of the old men waste their money, does that mean you will get the 1st year or 2nd year production or are you saying you will wait till mid 1st year
until the void has been filled by the old men but still get a 1st year.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Based on your financial situation, what Challenger would you purchase?