Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Best deal-who cares?-drive 'em!

Old 06-20-2008, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best deal-who cares?-drive 'em!

O.K. I know there is quite a debate going on here about who is getting the best deal. '08 SRT8 or '09 R\T or '09 SRT8? What I have not seen much mention of here is the (limited) lifetime powertrain warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that SRT models are excluded from this warranty offer. To me that makes the R\T the only choice I can make personally, since I'll probably own mine till the day I die. That lifetime powertrain warranty is worth alot to me in terms of peace of mind since I will use the Challenger for it's intended purpose and not park it in the garage to be an ornament. I'm just wondering how many others are taking this into consideration? Regardless of what direction we all choose as far as model, PLEASE get out there and drive 'em and enjoy! We are and are going to be part of a special group who held out for something that won't be a dime a dozen on the street and we should show these beauties off.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Best deal-who cares?-drive 'em!

7 year - 70K warranty less than $2000...2008 SRT8 for me!
Heck Dodge might not even be in business after 7 years. But like you this will be a daily driver with at least 15K per year!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:51 AM

7 year - 100K Less then $1000. My car will be driven less then 5K a year. When I leave this life it will be part of my daughters inheritance.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the best line that I read in response to criticism about spending $41k+ for an SRT Challenger:

"You only live once my man, so enjoy it. At the end of the day, its just money. If that money brings you memories, happiness, and some fun, then its well worth every penny spent!"
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM

Not criticizing, I'm just saying for me the R\T seems to be the right choice. With the trackpack as the only option it should be around $31,000. Oh, and I'm sure I'll have great fun even with a lowly 5.7 underhood and a pistolgrip in my hand!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

Here is the best line that I read in response to criticism about spending $41k+ for an SRT Challenger:

"You only live once my man, so enjoy it. At the end of the day, its just money. If that money brings you memories, happiness, and some fun, then its well worth every penny spent!"
[sm=feedback.gif] CUDA340 , I agree 100% and believe me if I could have ordered, or bought a 2008 SRT8 I would have mainly because of the limited production and number series. Then after trying for 2 years and 47 some dealers and getting nothing bu "BS" from 99% of them , I decided to order a 2009 R/T and I will be in heaven if and when I get it.......sorry I still have my doubts when it comes to Dodge and the Chrysler network as to If I really will get it! But when I do I will drive, show it, cruise night with it, wash and wax it, even the underside LOL....take care of it like my son and when I kick the bucket it will go to my grandson to keep for his son and so on.......but for right now ....[sm=gears.gif] a few of thse at the local drag strip too....Loads of luck to all of us that are getting and waiting...FAT CAT
Old 06-20-2008, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: deranged

Not criticizing, I'm just saying for me the R\T seems to be the right choice. With the trackpack as the only option it should be around $31,000. Oh, and I'm sure I'll have great fun even with a lowly 5.7 underhood and a pistolgrip in my hand!
If you havent put your foot into the accelerator of one yet, youre in for a pleasant surprise. Theres nothing lowly about the 5.7.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Default RE: Best deal-who cares?-drive '

Yeah, I think he was making a funny. I hope so anyway. Of course with your SRT on order you can afford to be magnanimous to the mere mortals with their inferior engines.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:54 PM

OH thank god. I have been watching this forum for a long long time, and haven't felt the urge to post untill about a month ago. After all the problems with this website I have finnaly gotten registered. Now on to the show.
At first all I wanted was to get the first and best Challenger, but after thinking for a bit, the 6 speed was a serious factor for waiting untill now to put an order in. And then after a bit of thought I decided to get the R/T, the reasons being:

1-$7000 price diffrence, I can afford it, but why pay that much more
2-Updated 5.7 in 2009, Between 370 and 380 horses, thats more than enough, and with a few add ons I can top the 400 mark
3-It can run on piss gas, with the prices these days, I may be stuck putting that in it, with the SRT you need to put in top fuel, at almost $5 a gallon already
4-Lifetime Warranty, R/T has it, and I confirmed it, SRT doesnt
5-Insurance prices, not a huge factor, but a penny saved is a penny earned
6-In 1970 there wasnt an SRT, there was an R/T though, so I would say for nostaligia reasons

with all these benifits to the R/T, I couldnt pass it up. I put my order in about a week ago for a Hemi Orange R/T 6 Speed with all options except the block heater, and stripes. Those things are hedious.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The R/T is a good choice (I also considered it), but don't minimize what you get in the SRT. It is more than just the 6.1 engine. It is the upgraded suspension, brakes, leather seats, HID headlights, hood striping, standard electronics, etc. If you try to add these things after you purchase an R/T, it will cost you much more than $7K.

Also, if you are looking at future appreciation, the SRT will have a much higher value because of the low numbers built each year.

Quick Reply: Best deal-who cares?-drive 'em!