Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger given a go on February 9

Old 02-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger given a go on February 9

Can anbody validate this tidmit I read on the Internet “As of yesterday (Feb. 9), Challenger was given a “go” by management. Model year unknown. 6.1 liter Hemi and 6-speed manual transmission only.”
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Challenger given a go on February 9

Can't verify but you just made my heart skip a beat! And then stupid me reads the top of the forums page and sees that it's true! We need more info and we need it now!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Administrator

i was told by an employee, whose indentity i obviously cannot reveal....but evidently it is all over the internet as well...
Old 02-11-2006, 10:14 AM

So we can take this news as being "confirmed"?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Administrator

the problem is that all of the sources that i have read are "inside sources"...no official statements...what i dont understand is why dodge went to the trouble to ask all of those poll questions to only make a 6.1/M6
Old 02-11-2006, 12:30 PM

Unless the rumor that the first years production would be exclusively the 6.1 six speed of 10,000 units is true. I think that if DCX does this it will be a mistake on their part because that will not reflect the true market potential of this vehicle. It will turn many away in search for a more affordable alternative unless they surprise us and offer it at a LOW price which would take too many sales away from the SRT lineup. So a low price on this particular one is not likely. We can only hope that they produce it to attract a wider consumer base than this one model will appeal to. There really should be a 5.7 option introduced along with the 6.1. Time will tell I guess? I'm sure hoping they won't screw this up though. ARE YOU LISTENING DCX? There are a lot of loyal DODGE people counting on you to get this right!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:28 PM

Alright! Houston we have ignition...in 10-9-8- (I really wish we had a time frame though, it would make the countdown alot easier!)
Old 02-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry deranged, I didn't mean to give you a heart attack. I posted that news yesterday and www.dodgechallenger.com didn't officially post it until this morning at 10:00am
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

i was busy...my apologizes on posting it...
Old 02-11-2006, 07:29 PM

Good news but this sounds a lot like the limited production info rumor I heard but DCX would not confirm.

UPDATE!!

FYI from the net.

"“As of yesterday (Feb. 9), Challenger was given a “go” by management. Model year unknown. 6.1 liter Hemi and 6-speed manual transmission only.” — “Der Spien,” a former engineer with DCX".

Quick Reply: Challenger given a go on February 9