Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger given a go on February 9

Old 02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger given a go on February 9

Hi BAdStratRT,

Shoot dont't apologize on posting it. I was glad I was able to start a new posting.

Yes Paladin06 that is exactly what I posted, I just didn't include the D.... S..... name. which I don't like to do.

I am not sure what Dodge has in mine since that will seem to keep the Challenger cost up and will be competing only with the GT500
and not the regular Mustang. I do not understand their marketing technique unless the are keeping things very quiet.

Of course, we are assuming what we read was true.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

The "Breaking New" at the top of the forum which talk about managing approving the build....where did that source of information come from?

I only have it from one source on the web and I am trying to see it is posted from any other sources and not all coming from the same source.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Administrator

the forums "source" was word of mouth from a DCX employee...

i have read the same thing posted at a few other sites
Old 02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if he is still an employee at DCX?????
Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

well, it wasnt like he broadcast it to the world...he just mentioned it to me...but like i said earlier, it seems that everything is "so and so told me/us"..no official word thus far
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 AM

going to my uncles dealership to see if he has herd anything, i'll keep you posted
Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator

thanks!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Comment from another weblog....interesting marketing philosophy. Chicken or the egg or is it "Catch 22"

You have to assume it will sell and make the investment for the different engine/transmission configurations but just my opinion.
Read below.

Jeremiah 29:11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It now looks as though the Dodge Challenger is a “go” for 2007-08, albeit with a stick-shift / Hemi V8 only. Here is why the car will be so limited.

First, it’s a limited production vehicle, and there aren’t many to be made; that means each version will have fewer copies to spread around engineering costs. If you make 100,000 Neons, then spending $100,000 on an engineering change is only $1 per car. If you make $15,000 Challengers, how can you justify spending another couple of million to make and certify different engine/transmission combinations? Due to very tight packaging, having two transmission choices would be very expensive and would disrupt production, increasing engineering costs in what is alreayd a limited production car

By sticking with a manual transmission, they both mollify an increasingly loud contingent of drivers and reduce their rather massive investment.

The manual transmission should bolster acceleration despite the Challenger’s likely weight gain and make it a supercar which will increase likelihood of people buying it - which they might not do if it was “just another 300C.”

Finally, the interesting engine/manual transmission combination makes it “not just another 300C” and that might be the biggest real reason though they’d never admit to it! … because they’ve already told us that the Charger and 300C and Magnum are all so COMPLETELY different.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 AM

It's looking more and more like the LIMITED Production vehicle that the DCX representative told the public about at the Philadelphia Car show. When I called DCX they said they didn't know why a DCX employee would say such a thing, they did not say it was not the truth.
[]

Old 02-14-2006, 09:15 AM

I hope it actually is a go, but DCX is making a mistake if it's only going to be a 6.1 6-speed. That truly will be a limited production vehicle, not the mainstream Mustang stomper we were hoping for. They also may be hard pressed to sell 10,000 of them , especially if being so limited in production makes them charge 40K or more for it. Hopefully, this is all just rumor, because I don't think it's very smart if it's true.

Quick Reply: Challenger given a go on February 9