Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger given a go on February 9

Old 02-14-2006, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger given a go on February 9

I realize this probably won't happen, but if DCX is determined to hurry a 2008 model out early next year, why not make it a 6.4L, 6-speed? That may open up enough time to get a full-production line-up the following year with V6, 5.7 and 6.1 models. This is only assuming that full production lines aren't feasible in the next 10-12 months. It would appear the rumors are leading to a 6.1L 6-speed, which will still sell even in its limited market.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

I hope Chrysler doesn't make this a limited production model. It will be a repeat of the Prowler if they do that. Allpar suggested that they might build the 6.1L model at first then introduce the other models later. Maybe the first year will be limited production, then include these other models. I remember when the 300C and Magnum were first going to be HEMI only models, but they added the 3.5L and the underpowered 2.7L when they realized it. They might do the oppose of the LX cars by first introducing the top level model, and later introduce the lower level models. Maybe they announced this model and are working on the other models to see what they can cut out of the car without sacrificing the cars identity. Or maybe they are going to position this against the Corvette (though I hope not) by offering the 6.1L standard and the 6.4L against the Z06 model.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 PM

I think the consensus is that the 6.4L would be throwing down the gauntlet on the Shelby 500, and leave the Viper for the Z06. I saw that the next Viper might be a 700hp monster, which might open up a slot for the 6.4L SRT Challenger. I hope so. Surely people took notice that the Z06 equaled or bested the Viper at a considerably lower price point. So the ante got upped. Just give us the Challenger.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Limited Production?

If it is only limited production then you "well to do" folks have fun. At least if they build the Camaro again, it would be more geared toward the masses (at least more than a limited production run).