Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage

Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage

I believe you BUDMAN. My post was in reference to another post. I wish someone would come out and make an official statement regarding what is going on though. A I told my dealer, it is a shame that I find out more of what is going on from this forum than they can from Chrysler.

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

Birddog

Are you saying that I am wrong??? Read some of my posts and ask a few of the peeps on this site and then give me your opinion.

It may not be correct. But I have yet to see the Challenger's starting to show up in the showrooms in volume. Maybe everyone that is getting them is keeping quiet about them.
[/quote]
Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Diamdave,

JS = Storage

The site is updated by owners and many are just learning about this.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM

We can clear this up by checking my VIN, 8H290625. My car was waiting for a railcar yesterday, if the status is now JS, then Budman is correct. I do not have time to call the 800 number this afternoon.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 PM

Everyone in JS Status,

Look on the bright side - at least your car is built. I wouldn't expect it to take more than a day or two to straighten out, but to put them into a storage facility, hmmmmmmmmmm, that has me thinking it may be a little longer than one would suspect. That doesn't sound very good.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:48 PM

My Guess (and this IS a guess) is if they are putting them in storage, they probably need a bit of time to trouble shoot the problem. Either that or it is a problem that is a little too in depth for the dealers to fix easily. Otherwise they would fix the cars as they reached the dealers. Again, this is ONLY conjecture. Even though I'm waiting on an '09, I feel for you '08 guys. I hope the problem is resolved soon, and your vehicles are back on their way to your garages before too long. And though I won't be getting my Chally until sometime in December (I'll pick it up after I return from Afghanistan), I'm still looking forward to seeing some pics and reviews from real owners. Thanks again BUDMAN for all your support to the community.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Hey guys I can tell you this my car went kz status 5/27 and still showed current,but it showed no future info. I asked budman to see what might be up. this makes sense that I've been ready to ship and they have't. steve
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 PM

Hey guys I can tell you this my car went kz status 5/27 and still showed current,but it showed no future info. I asked budman to see what might be up. this makes sense that I've been ready to ship and they have't. steve
Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 PM

great mine just went into framing today now its gonna get stuck in some storage facility. i think im gonna pop a gasket. budman your are a great mole but somedays i wished i had never turned on my computer.[:@]
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Well, I'm glad that Dodge caught the problem and I send out my condolensces to all of you have that have been delayed.[]

Budman... keep up the good work!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:42 PM

There continues to be a bright side, at least it will be fixed at the factory. If we must rely on a dealer most of us would be screwed. This however brings back another thought, when these delays started in March or April a decision should have been made to do more shake down and move all these orders to 09 models. Early 09 is way better that late 08. I think is nuts to continue to build unless the assembly is produce cars with the fix.

Quick Reply: Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage