Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage

Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage

I won't dare say that you lied partner, just want to know your source.. Or could you tell us but then have to kill us. I use to do some work like that..

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

Yea RAM I LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING just look at everying i have posted it's all lie's right down to Leno's car number. It is just an educated guess on my part.

ORIGINAL: 04RAMSRT10

Are we sure this is correct information? Sounds like another pile to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Keyless Go or Fully Off ESP sound like logical culprits to me for a transmission short. The tranny is proven, but to the best of MY knowledge, these are new electronic functions on that unit.
If a problem exists, it would make sense (to me) that the issue originates therin. But I'm not an engineer........If I were, I wouldn't be working so hard and for so many hours for my money.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:59 AM

I'd say BUDMAN is right on. I went from JB to JS this morning instead of KZ(shipped and invoiced)[sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 AM

After all the helpful posts how can anyone not trust Budman?

It's not April fools day, and his source has been spot on to date.

I believe you Budman. Thanks for the update, even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

Andre

Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Just another reason why you don't want an 08!
you beat me too it..yep....waiting on 09's is looking sweeter every minute...looks like 08 is 1970 all over again in more ways then one..unless this is a simple fix..trying to fix these cars in the field will be a quality disaster...i can only speak from experience
Old 06-04-2008, 10:45 AM

Budman I belive you have been so helpful in past and have been our best source of information my only proublem is you wasnt here sooner by the way any word on the convertible challenger .
Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

Budman I belive you have been so helpful in past and have been our best source of information my only proublem is you wasnt here sooner by the way any word on the convertible challenger .
i am specifically waiting for the vert as well..any information is greatly appreciated...i just hope it does not have an overly complicated electronic driven gizmo top...by the time i order the electro gizmo problems should hopefully be a thing of the past
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 04RAMSRT10

Another thought, production continues but cars going to storage? I do not think so, all this adds to the final cost of the vehicle. If there was an issue with an electrical system that would stop shipment there is no way they would continue to build. Storage, movement and repair would be far to expensive. It sounds like Chicken Little the sky is falling.

BlueStang is your car in route to Barrett?
Yeah I ordered my car at Barrett.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:24 AM

Budman, you have been spot on in the past, keep the info coming. For those that don't want to believe...don't!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Hi Boomersig,

Budman does seem to be more knowlegable than most here. I certainly do not claim to know much, but please check my facts below.....

Checked the"unofficial registry", only one car in JS, this seems to be the normal step prior to shipping. Several are in JB (Sent to body vendor). In any case all have passed "J" status, which indicates they have passed "final inspection". It appears to me that if a vehicle was shuffled past final inspection and then put in storage for "repair" it would be in status code KZOA or KZOD. If someone intreprets this differently, please let me know.

Pease if all could update their order status on http://www.dodgechallengerregistry.com/index.php then we could all get a better picture what's going on.

Dave

Quick Reply: Challenger on hold all cars sent to storage