Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challengers and twisted necks

Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challengers and twisted necks

ORIGINAL: brucer41

On my way to work one day a guy driving next to me was paying way more attention to me then in front of him. Well, at 35 mph he plowed his Toyota something or other into the rear end of a large SUV. I saw it was going to happen so I slowed and moved over just in case there was any fallout in my lane. I fear this may happen over and over with people trying to look at the car.
This also happened to me a month or so ago when the guy in the next lane was paying way to much attention to my Challenger and not enough to the guy in front of him.....who had stopped at the light...luckly he was moving slow as the traffic had backed up so not much was damaged other than his "coolness".
Challengers are a hazzard to others as they try and get a good look.....We just have to drive even more defensive to avoid being involved.............
Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM

I have quickly found out how much attention THE CAR attracts. Filling up for gas, guys walk over from their own fillup to check it out, at the store as I loaded the kids and a few groceries into the trunk, a group of 4 young guys came over and swirled around asking many questions about it and that it was amazing looking, and then the rubber neckers on the road, WOW!!! Its all great reviews from folks you don't even know. How sweet it is to be one of us, a Dodge Challenger owner, driver, and lover of a great car!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

as I loaded the kids and a few groceries into the trunk...
Do you think the groceries will be safe in the trunk with the kids back there..??
Old 11-24-2008, 05:57 PM

That's the REAL reason those guys came over and started asking questions. They were from Child Protective Services!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM

oops, come on now, would I really put the kids in the trunk???[sm=badidea.gif] That was the first weekend out and I was looking for any chance to take THE CAR out, so the groceries fit fine, the kids made it inside in the backseat. And my wife guys, she would have never let me lock them back there anyway..hehehehe!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:49 AM

I think its really funny when people drive through and around traffic to keep up with you and take pics. I had a couple in a SC400 tracking me in traffic and the girl was taking pics as they passed each angle of the car. I love the attention! One group of folks I feel bad for though, Dads driving their mommie vans! They look over lovingly dreaming or envious at the SRT and I do truly feel sorry for them!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 AM

Two stories. Saturday night, a young man in about a 1991 Camaro R/S made a U-turn across four lanes of traffic and thru a constuction zone to get back to the gas station I was at to get a close up look at his first Challenger. He was really impressed. He did say that he thought it was a new Camaro when he first spotted it.
Second story, One of the women that work in the office where my daughter works said that she was driving around town the other day with her high school age son. She saw our car and asked the boy if he had seen the car yet. His reply, "Yes Mom it's the most awesome car in town." Really makes you feel good that this car doesn't just appeal to us Baby Boomers.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:11 AM

Two more stories.

I took the Challenger to work last night, and about 7 p.m. went out to move it closer to our building. There were two women in their late 50s or early 60s walking ahead of me, and they spotted the car. They walked clear around it, checking it out. Pretty good if even older ladies notice your car.

Also, on Monday, my wife and I go to Starbucks. While there, we were sitting where we could see the Challenger. A couple of guys leaving the shop were so busy staring at it as they walked along that while one walked down the wheelchair ramp near the door OK, the other guy stumbled off the curb into the parking lot. Fortunately, he wasn't carrying a cup of coffee or anything. Also, several of the employees there know we have the Challenger and always go on break as soon as we arrive so they can go out and look at the car. Apparently, we've got the only one that ever shows up there.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 PM

My best one so far:

Dropping my boy off at an after school program. I was met halfway across the parking lot by a hairdresser who had left her client in the chair to come out and see the car. Described "Looked like a hot wheels car or something. Had to see what it was." She asked "Did you have a hot wheels track when you were a kid?" I replied "The biggest in the neighborhood." She said "Yeah, you look like a Hot Wheels guy!"

Thank You Miss

Fitz
Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 AM

Sweet... thats just too funny fitz!!