Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

From a Chrysler Rep's mouth (not mine)

Old 05-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: From a Chrysler Rep's mouth (not mine)

ORIGINAL: zman

This might clear up some misinformation that is out there, or maybe just confuse the situation even more, this was the press release at the Steam Whistle Brewery in downtown Toronto this past spring. They had announced what their intentions are for the Brampton plant and the Dodge Challenger for the car buying public, us. Check it out.[sm=ts.gif] This is the first document I have ever scanned and uploaded to a website, so if it is to small I appalogize.
Thanks for the scan of the article zman! The size was fine... the article was very readable.

I know that the prevailing rumors about Challenger production in the last 6 months has been indicating very low production and very high MSRPs (with Market Adjustments on top of the high MSRPs), but I have been told a much different story recently.

Supposedly there was a meeting "out west" where the Challenger production was discussed with the following highlights:
[ul][*] Annual production up to 100,000 if required to support sales tempo (first model year is partial tho...)[*] Multiple model variants with various engines available (4.0L V6, 5.7L Hemi, 6.1L Hemi, two TBA new Hemis)[*] Both Manual & Automatic transmissions will be available
[/ul]

This is not to say all of the model variants, engines, etc. will be available at the beginning of production... some may be several years away, and plans can change if sales are not brisk after the initial wave. I was also told prices would be in line with other comparable Chrysler offerings like the Charger, maybe a bit higher but not outrageous...

My source does have connections, and I believe the information is real, but cannot be certain.

Initial dealer gouging will probably occur tho, a local dealer told me their initial allocation was only 9 Challengers...

XS
Old 05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

xs29j8......thanks for giving us some hope on the price and quantities.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Hey guys,
just some more info.

although the final production design has been approved, the next step is to go to pattern. This takes about 2 months. Then they have to outsource the die build (DCX no longer build dies in house anymore). This will take around 4 months. Then, and only then will the dies arrive here at the Twinsburg stamping plant. They will then need to undergo try-out and productionizing...around 4 weeks.

We are designated to be a major supplier of outer pannels, but they aren't really saying much more than that. It seems the newly announced purchase has things in limbo. Only thing we know for sure...no dies here at twinsburg stamping means no challengers on the street! Many of us employees are dying to get a challenger just as bad as you!!!

Wish they would get on the ball!!!

FYI...inner plant rumors are 6.1 & 6.4 for 1st year release make it clear who's in charge...with 5.7 in the 2nd year. Just rummors though!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM

I would love to see a 6.4L out of the gate but doesn't it seem more likely to release a 5.7 & 6.1 as these are widely used engines in the Chrysler/Dodge lineup? Is the 6.4L offered in anything today?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 6.4 is not currently offered in any model. The SRT enginners have been working to convert it from a crate motor to a production version. However, in this month's SRT Chat they advised everyone to look out for the Woodward Cruise in August.

The rumor is that there will be a 6.4 Challenger roaming the streets. Stay tuned!!