Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

dealer price ADMs

Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dealer price ADMs

I won't pay over MSRP for mine either. With that said, that's what I'm willing to do. I find nothing wrong with someone paying a premium to have something they really want when they want it. Consider it the overnight package when you order something on line...sometimes you do...sometimes you don't....just because one person decides to pay for "overnight" shipping on theirs...doesn't mean we have to slight them for it.....everyone I see on the roads next year will make finally taking ownership of mine..that much sweeter...

The SRT will be somewhere close to 40k, could you get a lot more value for you buck...arguably...the point is we will pay 40K for ours at MSRP and someone who wants a Sky redline or a Mitsu Evo or the new Goat could legitimately laugh at us.

My point is why slam someone just because there willing to do something we're not? They just have different priorities.

I'm not getting mine 'til 09....I'll appreciate it that much more....

As far as an investment opportunity, I don't see these as an investment opp.....to me, it will be a really expensive toy, that will be let out on sunny days to the delight of the mopar heads in my neighborhood.... I can't believe I've been obsessing over this for so long already....almost there.....

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM

I'm tellin' ya guys, ya want low vin, early production? Wait fifteen or twenty years! My Challenger was just weeks over 20 years old when I got it and it was built the beginning of the fourth week of production (Aug. 23, 1969). A little patience pays off.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 AM

I had a chance to put down 20K over MSRP at the local dealer, but I passed. so did everyone else. A new plan is now being worked out for the only one they will get.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Shivs in the courtyard?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 AM

You can obviously tell who the real die hard fans are, I for one couldn't care less if I got the last car off the line of the last production year. I'm after this car because I love the thing, I'll be driving it untill either; 1 - The wheels fall off it
2 - I finally lay down and die
After that I don't care, some of you are obviously after it to make money off of it, well guess what, you are only kidding yourselves. It's the wrong time in history to be thinking that down the road you'll be able to retire off the sale of a 2008 Challenger 30 years from now. If it was that easy, none of you people would even have a chance to buy the low vin N#'s. Invest in land if you want to make serious money. Meanwhile enjoy the car for what it is.

Zman.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

True that. I have no interest in an automobile as an investment. You want to make money...buy land.....always...appreciates.....or hell throw money into a mutual fund...long and proven history there.......

This is a toy to be driven, enjoyed, passed down, driven enjoyed, 'til they stop making gasoline (Demolition Man)......then figure something else highly flammable to put in it......(methane Thunderdome).......

I'm with you save one caveat....I'm not going to commute in mine as that's a 100 miles a day....and I'm suspecting this thing will drink fuel as fast as pump can put it in! That would just seem wasteful, plus I'm in NJ and commute on 287.....I've not had an accident on it...but I figure I'm due....so this will be my fun car.......it'll see work on Fridays when the sun comes out to play.....

Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 AM

I can't wait any longer!!!! Just trying to imagine where my new Challenger's first road trip will be. Aaahhhh the possibilities.