Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Definite changes

Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definite changes

I didn't see it while going through the posts so hopefully I'm not repeating things. Anyone care to say what they know will change on the car? If not know then speculate what will change on the car? I'm almost 100% positive that the back light will change. There is no way that they are going to be able to keep a neon light in the back of that thing. Just wonder what they are going to be able to do to keep it close to that. Though I don't think it would be bad if they changed it from the whole back being connected to more sectioned like the original Challenger.

Tires and rims. Personally I like those rims on that car, but I don't think they'll be coming out. I think the tires are probably a touch to wide also so they probably won't be out either. That would be my speculation part however. Also we are pretty much positive on the B-piller thing, yes get over it, it's there.

The cross drilled rotors. Unless they want to bump up the price it's obvious that these aren't going to be on the production. I wouldn't mind them, but I wouldn't want to pay extra for them either. It would be cool if they left Challenger on the calipers also, but I'm sure that's going to be taken off for your standard looking brake calipers, except for maybe on the SRT version.

Butterfly valves. That would be so sweet if they would keep these on, but I have a feeling they won't. From what I can tell from the camo, it looks like there was no where for them to suck in air, no vent or anything like that. That doesn't mean that they aren't still on there and just aren't functional, but who knows for sure. I would love to see them there, but I'm kind of skeptical that they will be.

Door handles. Given, we know those are changed.

Interior, hard one. We know we are getting the pistol grip shifter, aside from that what do we know? This is probably the least talked about part of this car. I would have to say that this interior is near perfect, near being the key word. I love the dash, much better then the Camaro, the radio will more then likely be changed out for the standard radio in Chrysler cars. I mean the Viper had the same radio as my 03 truck. I couldn't believe that. Even the climate controls are the same. Seems like a cheap way out. This will probably hold same with the Challenger, standard radio, standard climate controls. Seats, I don't know. Air vents, dash, I don't know. We do know the pistol grip shifter is staying.

That's about all I can think about off the top of my mind at the moment, anyone else care to speculate?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Definite changes

We beat this topic to death and you hit some of the obvious stuff. For me; I just do not want to see a drastic body style change. Small stuff like a door handle I can live with.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:18 PM

My guess the back light would be a led light with the turn signals beneath it I cant imagine anything really different about the back, The Interior will hopefully get the attention mentioned in a article on this forum (Chrysler's says its interior will get more attention). but my guess they will have some plastic, but hopefully not as much as the current models.

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/DF459FFDC0A34B4885D16704A94404EE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM

I wouldn't expect too many changes from the concept car. If its legal and not a pricing issue, why change it? Now with that, there are things that always change from concept to production like: wheels, safety issues so I'd expect that the wheels will be similar to Charger's but outside of that, not much should change. I just keep thinking charger, so things like the interior should be just like the charger. Agree?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:32 AM

Things change for many reasons, cost, ease to make, materials on and on. I think some of this car will change for that reason. The rims, you are probably right, they will be close to the Charger, but I don't see to many other things that are going to be like that. They might have climate controls and the such the same, like the Viper for cost reasons, but this is a car that is going to draw more off the 70s design queues, with updates of course, rather then off of some other car in the fleet. Evidence of that comes from the pistol grip shifter and maybe the dash with the cylinder style gauges.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

axel, like awsure said, we have beat this one to death. I doubt will we know any changes until February.

Here is one of many threads where we talked about this: https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2739
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.