Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.

LOL

My mustang is black and we all know that is the sexiest and fastest color there is! Isn't there a thread about that here somewhere? haha
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 AM

Ok ... 3k into the car and you might go faster then a car that can obtain more women in seconds then you've probloby had in your life.

and you still probloby won't beat it in a race ...

[sm=badbadbad.gif]
ORIGINAL: Riptide

lol nice. And yeah I think he needs practice.

FWIW my original post still stands. 2-3,000 into a stock GT and you will be at or beating a stock SRT8.

$550 - driveshaft
$600 - CAI/Tune
$500 - 4.10 gears
$500 - Tires
$300 - LCA,panhard bar/brace

SRT8 pwnd.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

Ok ... 3k into the car and you might go faster then a car that can obtain more women in seconds then you've probloby had in your life.

and you still probloby won't beat it in a race ...
Debatable on both counts.

FWIW as far as sex appeal goes it's something like this IMO:

challenger > mustang > camaro > gto > charger
Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 AM

People, people people. Again, going back to what I said, I don't want an SE or R/T to throw a few thousand into it. I don't have a few thousand, I also don't have a few thousand to spend more during the year because the gas mileage will get worse. I don't want my R/T to smoke an SRT 10 Viper with a few million dollars worth of mods. I don't care if I can smoke every Mustang out there with a few mods. I don't want to mod a car other then the exhaust. I know what the GT can to, I just want the R/T to keep pace for it, especially when paying $5,000 + more then a GT. It shouldn't be to much to ask Dodge to make this car keep pace with the GT so that I can get on the highway safely at the same pace my GT does.

As someone mentioned on one of these boards before for the people that are into beating this car and that car so much, bragging rights come with the bone stock model and what it can do, not what it can do with a million mods. Mod it right, I'm sure you can get a Geo Metro to outrun a Viper, exaggeration of course.

Again, bone stock, keep pace with the GT, all I'm asking. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Honestly I think the jury is still out on this. I will be surprised if the R/T doesn't match up pretty close or even slightly beat the mustang GT. I agree that if the GT ends up being faster, even slightly so, that looks kinda bad.

If it makes you feel any better even a current mustang GT still can't beat an LS1 camaro stock for stock. I saw one for sale, 2002 with 18K miles, for 14 grand here not long ago. If that was a manual then it was a damn good deal. Shame I don't really like the look of those cars much.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:07 PM

69-73 were the cool Camaros...
Old 09-11-2008, 02:22 PM

I agree. Where they get Camaro off of this thing that they built, I will never know. I think it's a cool car, just like the Charger, but neither car deserves those iconic names in their current configuration.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:26 PM

Must they be "retro" styled to carry the old name? Look at the Camaro. The last generation looked nothing like the new one or the old ones. Not much was said about it not being a real camaro. Same goes for the mustang. The generation before the current s197 (ie, "new edge") looks nothing at all like the first generation cars. But people never complained that it wasn't a real mustang.

Cars change and evolve over time. I guess it's a gray area.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Ok, for the record, I will be ordering a 2009 SRT8 Challenger 6-speed by the end of the month. I first thought I wanted the RT, but now that there are a few out and people have driven them and complained about the lack of power, I will be ordering the SRT8. Dollar for Dollar, it is the best bang for the buck. Just look at some of the car magazines and you will see the 1/4 mile times these cars are laying down. The problem with the Challenger is the weight vs HP, I am some what disappointed with the 1/4mile times, but I'm not buying it to be the fasted car on the block. I love the old school look of the Challenger and I don't really care for the look of the new Camaro. The Challenger will be my DD, I have a really nice 03 Kenne Bell Mach-1 putting out 600rwhp plus on a 91 octane tune, weighing in at 3500lbs with me in it and a 1/2 tank of gas. But once again, let me reiterate, I love the new Challenger and I am getting the SRT8 version, unfortunately, the Challenger will have to be parked in the driveway, the Mach and my wife's car will get garage duty. Is there any factual evidence that the 6.4, (392) hemi will be offered for the 2010 Challenger SRT8? That will be badas$.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:56 PM

A Charger enthusiast could argue that the current charger is not a "real charger" because it is a 4 door. Really, the new Challenger is what a new Charger would probably be if it had stayed in production: a big, mean, powerful coupe. It is a little on the large/luxurious side to really fit the pony car niche (at least according to me, the expert on all things automotive )

I would agree with Riptide that the Mustang/Camaro were always Mustang and Camaro, just steadily evolving/morphing designs.

For an example of the evolution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WAZkPukKg4

Quick Reply: Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.