Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

I'm so excited that a production model Challenger will finally be displayed in about a month. As for AnthonyAtAkins, I think at least some of what he's saying is probably true, even though I've been lied to by a lot of car salesmen in person. At least what he's saying is interesting so let's not be hard on him. I wouldn't want him to stop posting.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM

My take is that the 6,000 orders were from dealers, and not necessarily folks walking in and putting $$$ on the table. Dealers may end up having the cars, waiting for MSRP buyers like us after initial first on the block kids get theirs at over price.
Steve
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

I'm so excited that a production model Challenger will finally be displayed in about a month. As for AnthonyAtAkins, I think at least some of what he's saying is probably true, even though I've been lied to by a lot of car salesmen in person. At least what he's saying is interesting so let's not be hard on him. I wouldn't want him to stop posting.
Thanks. I never got on here to lie to anyone. That's why I put my real name, my dealership I work for, etc etc. If I wanted to just be someone annonymous, I would have just used an alias and fed fuel to the rumor fire.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 AM

Sorry for the "grilling" you've taken here but you must understand that we are all pumped about the Challenger and have been doing extensive detective work for ANY news for some time now. Now we see the blatant profiteering that many dealerships are executing and needless to say we're rather pissed about the situation. Business is business, I understand that but we feel kind of jilted especially since most dealers knew nothing about the Challenger a year ago unlike us faithful here on the forum and now plan on raping us for the opportunity to own something that they until recently knew nothing about but plan to exploit to the fullest. These dealers will be remembered by loyal customers down the road and receive their just rewards.

I talked to my dealer two days ago and he informed me he was selling his 1 Challenger to a broker and would not offer it to his customers at an exagerrated price. He then told me I was first on his list for a 2009 model at MSRP which I have NO problem with. I don't need a $20,000 numbered dash plaque.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:53 AM

i agree..i am in the market for a new dodge ram..specifiically the new 2009 model...damn i love that truck it is gourgeous..however if my local deler tanks on you guys buying a challenger i will buy from dealers who are known to have sold the chally at msrp....so any of you st louis members please post the dealer who gave you a fair price as well as the dealers that jacked up msrp by 5k to 20k...my dollars will be going to the dealers who at least have some semblance of ethics..
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: snooter
i agree..i am in the market for a new dodge ram..specifiically the new 2009 model...damn i love that truck it is gourgeous..
Then you won't want to miss this:

1. Sunday, Jan. 13, 10:50 a.m. EST:

Link: 2009 Dodge Ram world debut live webcast

Or this:

2009 Ram official photos:

http://www.motoringreport.com/print.php?news.230