Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

Thanks, I am going to school for marketing and I always had a love for cars. So god willing, one day I might be coming up with commercials and ideas for some company like DCX. And RLSH700, you are right about the overpriced part. I was just trying to give my opinion on the consequences of pricing the car at a ridiculous price before the dealers mark it up even higher.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

ORIGINAL: joeyr

Thanks, I am going to school for marketing and I always had a love for cars. So god willing, one day I might be coming up with commercials and ideas for some company like DCX. And RLSH700, you are right about the overpriced part. I was just trying to give my opinion on the consequences of pricing the car at a ridiculous price before the dealers mark it up even higher.
Well thank you joeyr. Marketing is a good major. That is what I'm working on currently. Good luck to you on that. You did have good points I just felt the need to make a few points to explain a few things is all.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-21-2006, 04:40 PM

Emailed sent...thanks for the link
Old 01-01-2007, 05:44 PM

I finally got around Saturday to sending my thoughts to Dodge:

Gentlemen/ladies: I realize a corporation such as yours undoubtedly keeps track of such fan forums as dodgechallenger.com, and I've tried to make this point there several times. Now,
however, I'll make it directly to you.

Not all of us are interested in the coming Dodge Challenger as a high-performance vehicle. Personally, I owned a 1970 Challenger between 1974 and 2001 for one reason: Its looks. The car had a 318-cubic-inch V8 with a three-speed automatic -- hardly a high-performance vehicle of its day.

As far as I'm concerned, the 1970 and '71 Challengers are the two best-looking cars ever produced by any company. The 2008 Challenger will be the third-best. That's the only reason I want one. I'm 51 years old and have no intention of racing the car. In fact, it will be driven daily
in heavy, stop-and-go traffic -- just like my '70 was.

Hence, I consider it a necessity that you offer a V-6 engine or at the very least your
smallest V-8 as options for the Challenger. I have absolutely no interest in a Charger or any
of your other vehicles -- frankly, I would never purchase a 4-door car of any sort. (Being 6-3 and having long legs, I always have to have the driver's seat back as far as it will go. I don't feel comfortable driving a car that, every time I look to the left, I see the "B" pillar.)

The only car you're going to offer that would appeal to me is the Challenger. As much as I like the new Challenger, however, I have to be realistic about its use. Therefore, a small V-8 or, preferably, a V-6 are the only options I'd consider. And then only at a reasonable price.

Thank you very much for your attention.

On Sunday, New Year's Eve, of all days, I received the standard response virtually everyone else here has posted. This time, it was from "Rene."