Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

Okay I e-mailed them, now what caused you guys to get into a panick like this. I've been too busy to keep up with the latest news, so was it something in the news or what that spooked you guys?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM

Default RE: Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.

At least they have the decency to come on the forum and put any rumors to rest.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 AM

I did my MOPAR duties.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure

At least they have the decency to come on the forum and put any rumors to rest.
Nice to know they are paying attention to the forums.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, that was short and to the point. They know nothing else.

Well, patience is a virtue we probably all need to practice.

I just wished they would toss us a doggy bone every now and then.

Silence longer than 2 months is tough.
I couldn't agree with you guys/gals more. Its anguish to wait.

At this point we simply do not know anything regarding the Challenger. At times I wish we did but then I realize why we don’t.

I am sure that if we actually knew what was happening, I wouldn't be a secret much longer. We are terrible people to entrust secrets to and personally speaking I would inadvertently end up leaking something somewhere. It’s usually safer to restrict information on a need to know basis. An NDA will usually hold its weight much better on someone making 70K+/year then it would for anyone making 20K+/year.

In regards to your concerns over dealership "market adjustment" the best thing I can suggest is to shop around and find the best price.

Now do I think some dealerships will try to capitalize on this vehicle and slap a few thousand onto the price? Definitely, but that's capitalism for you.

Quite frankly there is nothing DaimlerChrysler can do to prevent this. The existing North American distribution laws prohibit selling vehicles directly to the public. Under these laws, the dealerships must be independent of the corporation and thus beyond our direct control.

I am a very "to the point" sort of person. I hate having to read 3 pages of text when a few simple sentences would do.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:51 PM

I sent an email and did my customer duties. I believe that Dodge listens to its customers! The Dr. Z website and email links to the company are a great sign, let alone building the Chally in the first place. I have been impressed with Dodge and believe the price of the Chally will be fair, the mark up is what we will probably have to watch out for. Very interested in what MSRP will be on the loaded model? The right dealership will sell the Chally at a honest price. Stay away from the ebay stealerships that price gouge vehicles like the GT500 and start the bidding at $55,000. Is that illegal?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DodgeInfoCenter

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, that was short and to the point. They know nothing else.

Well, patience is a virtue we probably all need to practice.

I just wished they would toss us a doggy bone every now and then.

Silence longer than 2 months is tough.
I couldn't agree with you guys/gals more. Its anguish to wait.

At this point we simply do not know anything regarding the Challenger. At times I wish we did but then I realize why we don’t.

I am sure that if we actually knew what was happening, I wouldn't be a secret much longer. We are terrible people to entrust secrets to and personally speaking I would inadvertently end up leaking something somewhere. It’s usually safer to restrict information on a need to know basis. An NDA will usually hold its weight much better on someone making 70K+/year then it would for anyone making 20K+/year.

In regards to your concerns over dealership "market adjustment" the best thing I can suggest is to shop around and find the best price.

Now do I think some dealerships will try to capitalize on this vehicle and slap a few thousand onto the price? Definitely, but that's capitalism for you.

Quite frankly there is nothing DaimlerChrysler can do to prevent this. The existing North American distribution laws prohibit selling vehicles directly to the public. Under these laws, the dealerships must be independent of the corporation and thus beyond our direct control.

I am a very "to the point" sort of person. I hate having to read 3 pages of text when a few simple sentences would do.
Thank you for what you are able to contribute to our concerns. I know what you mean about reading 3 pages of text when only needing a few sentences. I disagree with the philosophy that loading a letter full of filler helps to soften the blow of a negative response. I think it only makes the customer more angry to be honest.

Frankly, Jeremiah is right that we just need to be patient. I know it is hard to be patient, but what other choice do we have?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 PM

This is the message I sent. Sorry I waited so long, with school I havent had time to be on the forum much:

HI, I am emailing you guys based on the article in the latest MT (motor trend). In it the article said that they most likely will be no V6 because of pricing difficulties with the LC platform (or LY I know that the current one is LX). I am concerned that the challenger will become another prowler, or a SSR; a beautiful car, that is over-priced. While I have no power over you to make the challenger with a V6 or at a very reasonable price, I can tell you this:

1. The mustang has a low price point, due to the fact of “recycled” parts from the parts bin. Simple interior, V6, detuned chassis (don’t be afraid to copy others ideas).

2. Mustang also has a gradual increase in horsepower among models from base to Shelby GT 500 each with its own niche, capitalizing profits.

3. Mustang Base model is known for its “looks” and price point, not necessarily its refinement.

4. Mustang has been the saving grace for Ford; Challenger could the “new” 300 for DCX.

5. Chevy Camaro will have one; why shouldn’t we?

6. This car will be compared to the Mustang and Camaro and versatility among its models is a good thing to have

7. V6 is a popular engine and price point to many youngsters mild to moderate drivers and gear heads

8. Capitalize on rumors. People say they may be a Barracuda version, so make a package for it including body panels, Plymouth badges, and a cuda like grill. Some of the best ideas in business started from good or popular rumors, such as the "black card" by American Express

9. Think outside the box a little. A bare essentials base model. cloth bucket sets, ac, cd/mp3, and plastic/aluminum dash could save cost as well as a detuned frame. Most of the features that are liked most about the car (pistol shifter, wild colors hood stripes, carbon fiber hoods and track gauge) could be sold as options. A Bullitt mustang is being made, so why not make one based off of Vanishing Point?

10. Don’t be afraid of cannibalizing charger sales. The charger has its own appeal and if priced slightly lower than the challenger price point it should stand on its own. Update the fascia a little (more retro, perhaps similar to a sedan version of the challenger or more true to form of the original charger), more color choices, and give a manual option and the Charger will be fine.

P.S. Do not forget the Six-Speed Manual option and maybe a 500 hp hemi, the viper is due for some structural and engine upgrades so it could use a boost of 50 to a 100 hp. Also remember the wild colors Panther pink, sublime, plum crazy, Alpine White, Toro Red, Top Banana, Gangreene, and Hemi Orange (Challenger orange is nice but hey you guys are this close what a few more shades) along with colors like charcoal gray, black, and midnight blue. And please do not forget the behind-the- license plate fuel tank.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Great points joeyr! I wish you were running DCX, lol. I like all you points but the behind the licence plate gas tank. Hate that idea, lol.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Good points joeyr! If the fear of having the Challenger have a V6 is that it might take sales away from the Charger, then the Charger isn't as strong as it should be and needs more work to make it more appealing. The Challenger has the potiential of reaching an audience that the Charger has no pray of reaching.

The times when Chrysler and other car companies have failed is when they hold another car or engine back because it might hurt the sales of the companies personal favorite engine or car. The whole company shouldn't suffer just because they don't want to see one engine or model lose a very marginal sales.

The same goes for the Viper. They need to give the Viper a serious hp boost at least 100 if not more. Maybe a new V10 made from the new HEMI small-block. The Challenger shouldn't suffer just because the Viper can't sell well since they aren't much faster than the previous model was say 9-10 years ago.

Now I must disagree with you as far as saying it is overpriced. We don't know yet what the prices will be for sure. The Challenger is going to be a more expensive car because that platform is obviously more expensive to build. That V6 in the base level Mustang is partly so inexpensive since it has a reputation for engine problems. It would be better for Chrysler to put in a quality engine whether it be the 3.8L OHV, 3.5L SOHC, or 4.0L SOHC, instead of a cheaper, junky engine such as the 2.7L DOHC.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Email Dodge now! We dont want to pay limited production prices. Link inside.