Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FANTASTIC NEWS!

This needs to be read.

http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.p...opic=76476&hl=

50,000 Challengers a year very interesting indeed. Read the full article here: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=969048863851
Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator

so all the allpar thing is stating, is what we read in the toronto paper...and it still says that they may make a niche market car, but of 50,000 units? is 50,000 considered limited production now?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM

No, I mean I don't think 50,000 is a limited niche vechicle. I hope that number is correct, I would like everyone who is passionate about the Challenger to have a chance at buying one. We're still in the dark till DCX talks pricing, availability etc.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Administrator

well, if they make 50,000 of the challenger packed with only a 6.1L, its going to be so much more expensive than a mustang GT, that GTs with less money in mods, plus the price of the car, will be crushing the challengers...
Old 04-30-2006, 03:23 PM

I,m sticking to my thoughts on it being aimed at the ponycar market and not the niche market. If DCX does not want a mass exodus of potential customers from them to the Mustang or Camaro then they will make the production numbers high enough and at an attractive price point to recoup their investment which by the way should be minimal considering the original design and engineering costs have been paid for by the LX cars. One thing IS for certain GM cannot afford another niche market flop-e.g.-GTO, SSR. So the Camaro WILL be priced to compete with the Mustang. DCX had better be listening to those of us on these forums who WILL NOT pay more for what can be had by driving just down the street to the competitions lot and plunking down LESS. DCX brands are hot right now and they are that way not because of the VIPER but because of the lineup as a whole and the value ALL of their vehicles deliver. I will also repeat the amount of displeasure they encountered with the Charger when people thought it would be one thing and turned out to be something completely different. If they pull the same stunt again and price this car as something it is not which is a pony car they will lose even more of the faithful. Oh, and we are the ones who kept buying their products when the competition was producing more performance oriented vehicles. The time is now to make up for past mistakes AND become a dominant force in the domestic market. If they price this car where it should be $28k-$32k for the V/6-5.7 they can do both!

ARE YOU LISTENING DCX?
Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

deranged.....what will you do if they come out with a high end V-8 for the first year and then the lower priced V-8's and V-6's come out in years 2 and 3.

Will you wait that long?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Administrator

i will..i know alot of people who "had to have a new mustang" right away, and there were "bugs"...just like the people who bought the new stratus coupes in 2001 when they came out, and they had problems...i dont want a first run car. if there is evidence of the challenger becoming a full production model, and they dont end it after one year, i have no problem waiting..but if the car is very expensive, ill have to begin look elsewhere...
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM

Yes probably. I will not buy a non-DCX brand, of this much I'm sure BUT, I will be VERY dissapointed if they go with this strategy. I will let them know of this dissapointment for sure. In the meantime I really like the 300C, yeah I know completely different car but I've wanted one since their intro, so this will be a strong consideration. Plus what Badstrat is saying has merit about first year runs and bugs. Also I don't HAVE to be the first one on the block to have one. I just hope DCX will have their collective heads out of their butts and realize the huge potential for this car and offer it as the everymans muscle car from the beginning.

ARE YOU LISTENING DCX?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Administrator

when the 300C came out, i liked them...

since i drove a 300c SRT-8 on a closed circuit, im in love with it...but that price tag is hard to stomach.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Well allpar.com is now posting below:

The Challenger is now official and should be built at Brampton, pending union agreement to a more flexible contract and probably the usual government tax exemptions. Chrysler announced production would start in 2008 at 50,000 units per year - a more generous number than some had expected. The car is expected to cost Chrylser about $145 million, a remarkably small amount for a new car, because the factory is already flexible and tooling can largely be shared with other LX models.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: FANTASTIC NEWS!