Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Old 05-01-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FANTASTIC NEWS!

Let's all hope this is true and that they make it official.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Well I found the April 28 article and it clearly states they are still trying to make a business case for the car in the paragraph. How you can jump the gun and call it official.

"The document, obtained by the Toronto Star, says DaimlerChrysler estimates annual production of 50,000 Challengers and an investment of $145 million (U.S.) to ready the model.

DaimlerChrysler is still trying to establish a business case for the Challenger, which created a buzz at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January.

The DaimlerChrysler document adds that the company forecasts annual output of 53,000 Volkswagen minivans and $137 million in spending

Building the two new vehicles here would help keep the plants running at 100 per cent when sales eventually soften for their current models.

The company assembles the Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum and Dodge Charger models in Brampton and the Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Pacifica and Town & Country vehicles in Windsor."
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting article below?

I wonder when they will annoucement?

Dodge Supplier: Challenger A Go For 2008.5
By Moltke, H.
Published: May 11, 2006

Dodge Challenger: A Go For 2008.5!

NewAgeMuscleCars.com - Employees from DamilerChrysler supplier, Collins & Aikman told NewAgeMuscleCars.com today that they are working on engineering certain components for the upcoming production version of the Dodge Challenger. Even though Chrysler has said that the decision to build the Challenger will not be announed until later this year, Chrysler group's top marketing boss, Joe Eberhart said that they are "comfortable now that we have found a formula where we think we can sustain" a production run of more than one year.

According to sources at Collins & Aikman though, the green light has already been given for the Challenger and they are working as a supplier to bring the iconic nameplate back for the 2008.5 model year. Ironically, the Challenger's 2008.5 production target falls on the 40th anniversary of the 1968.5 Shelby GT500KR, which may itself return as a 2008.5 model.

The 2006 Dodge Challenger concept is powered by a 425 horepower 6.1L Hemi engine, which falls short of the 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500's whopping 500 horsepower. The 2007 Shelby GT500 concept's engine was rated at 475 horsepower.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:44 PM

Talked to my dealer today and he says that at a recent salesman school he attended they stated that the Challenger is definately a go, but they gave no details. This dealership is hoping for it as a 2007 model, but then again, this is a dealer rumor. I told them what I had been reading on here, and they basically said, "your guess is as good as ours".
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Since dealers are just a bunch of sales guys they are probably the last to find out the truth but probably the first to know the accurate truth.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

there is one thing that you can always count on in the world of car sales...

the salesman is always either not telling the truth on purpose, or he or she is too dumb to know that hes not telling the truth. ive worked in several phases of the dealership world, from the parts counter to the accounting department, and salesmen are the least in-the-know people in the entire car world. ive listened to a salesman go on about how well the hemi in a grand cherokee runs to a female buyer...it was a 1999 grand cherokee.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:16 AM

How true.... haven't run across many salesmen who really knew the product they were selling. That's not limited to cars either... furniture, electronics, you name it. The name of the game is 'sales'.... the product is irrelevant. There's a cliche that the best salesman could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo......
Old 05-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, Okay, let's not beat up on all salespeople......I have been in sales for 25 years and I feel pretty good about what I
do and so do my customers.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM

Don't take it personally.... I know there are some sales people who are extremely knowledgeable about what they sell. However, it seems they are far outnumbered by the ones that think all they need to be able to do is generate a good line of bull***t to be a successful salesman. That seems to be more true with cars than other products. It's also why the turnover in the field is so high... the dealer where I bought my truck, less than three years later, has maybe two guys on the sales staff who are the same... on a team of about 15 people. If you've been at it for 25 years, you obviously have more pride and focus than most of them do.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

Don't take it personally.... I know there are some sales people who are extremely knowledgeable about what they sell. However, it seems they are far outnumbered by the ones that think all they need to be able to do is generate a good line of bull***t to be a successful salesman. That seems to be more true with cars than other products. It's also why the turnover in the field is so high... the dealer where I bought my truck, less than three years later, has maybe two guys on the sales staff who are the same... on a team of about 15 people. If you've been at it for 25 years, you obviously have more pride and focus than most of them do.
Actually, I was just kidding about sale people. Jokingly I tell people that I am just a slimey sales guy.

My customers are mostly all electronic engineers, technicians, and engineering manager and they all value my products and services so I actually
get great statisfaction in my job. As you can see I certainly did not take it personally but I do know there are many real slimy guys out there.

Quick Reply: FANTASTIC NEWS!