Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

FINALLY! Saw a Challenger in B'ham, AL (at the dealer though)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY! Saw a Challenger in B'ham, AL (at the dealer though)

Just thought I would share, haha. A dealer had two black 09 R/T in the showroom.

It is official... I love the car!!! Can't wait! Anybody interested in an 06 Mustang GT for sale??

Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Default RE: FINALLY! Saw a Challenger in B'ham, AL (at the dealer though)

You must have gone to the Bessemer Dodge dealership. I spotted those two in their online inventory and I debated making the trip out there to see them. I saw an SE at Benchmark a couple of weeks ago and I sat in an SRT at Roebuck Dodge (or Greater Birmingham, or whatever they're calling it these days) last week. I still haven't seen an R/T in person, which is a shame since that's what I'm going to buy.

Did they have markup on them? Both of the dealerships I went to had markup. There was a $2000 "market adjustment" on the SEs, but apparently they sold anyway. Challengers have been pretty rare in Birmingham so far. At this rate it may be the annual BJCC car show in November before I get to sit in an R/T. That's OK because maybe by then I'll be able to order a "Classic" and that's what I really want anyway.

One more thing. Did you ask them why one of them had an engine block heater? In Alabama?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM

Passed by my dealer a little ago today and he has three 09 SE's out front. There is a Black one, A Titanium and a TorRed one. He still has three 08 SRT's in the yard as well, one in each color. I didnt stop and check prices as they are outside and it is pouring cats, dogs, lizards and other small animals here!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

You must have gone to the Bessemer Dodge dealership. I spotted those two in their online inventory and I debated making the trip out there to see them. I saw an SE at Benchmark a couple of weeks ago and I sat in an SRT at Roebuck Dodge (or Greater Birmingham, or whatever they're calling it these days) last week. I still haven't seen an R/T in person, which is a shame since that's what I'm going to buy.

Did they have markup on them? Both of the dealerships I went to had markup. There was a $2000 "market adjustment" on the SEs, but apparently they sold anyway. Challengers have been pretty rare in Birmingham so far. At this rate it may be the annual BJCC car show in November before I get to sit in an R/T. That's OK because maybe by then I'll be able to order a "Classic" and that's what I really want anyway.

One more thing. Did you ask them why one of them had an engine block heater? In Alabama?

Yep, went to the Bessmer dealer. I went there on a Sunday, coming back from the Bama game. So I didn't get to see the cars up close (they where in the showroom), just had my face pressed up to the glass like a kid looking into a candy shop! I've went to the Dodge dealer in downtown B'ham and in Pelham but they didn't have any.

If you don't know by now bout the block heater.... it gets freaking cold down here!

Depending on funds now, the R/T Classic might be my choice over the SRT. One word: wife.

Have they came out with pricing on the "Classic" mod?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Just buy an SE then go online to http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/emblems.html and for a little over $300 order yourself a complete set of everything you need to badge a Challenger R/T 1970 style PLUS get an extra copy of each badge in case any fall off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/AA185B3300F842C1A7875D41CA2A390B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-08-2008, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Urlosingbd

Yep, went to the Bessmer dealer. I went there on a Sunday, coming back from the Bama game. So I didn't get to see the cars up close (they where in the showroom), just had my face pressed up to the glass like a kid looking into a candy shop! I've went to the Dodge dealer in downtown B'ham and in Pelham but they didn't have any.

If you don't know by now bout the block heater.... it gets freaking cold down here!

Depending on funds now, the R/T Classic might be my choice over the SRT. One word: wife.

Have they came out with pricing on the "Classic" mod?
Yeah, I did the "candy shop" Sunday thing for the silver '08 at Roebuck, then I had to go back a week later to sit in it!

I haven't heard any pricing info for the Classic. I'm curious as to if it will be a special edition, like the Charger Daytona, or will it be a "package." In other words, will it be a B5 only special or can I spec out any R/T and add the "Classic" package to get the wheels, stripes, etc. I think the wheels and stripes would look good in Tored, Silver and White. If it's B5 only, I'm OK with that, I'm just wondering if I have a color choice.

Also wondering if there will be any interior changes for the Classic, like seat stitching or color matched dash for example.

I bought an '01 Dakota with full-time 4WD (AWD) and I've seen snow exactly ONCE in seven years! [:@] Don't think I'll opt for the block heater!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Just buy an SE then go online to http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/emblems.html and for a little over $300 order yourself a complete set of everything you need to badge a Challenger R/T 1970 style PLUS get an extra copy of each badge in case any fall off.

A "do it yourself" Classic! I noticed on the board before a fellow selling the R/T side stripes. And the Heritage Wheels are listed in the accessories catalog. I guess if I wanted a color other than B5 there would be the do it yourself option.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 AM

I think the only interior difference will be the seats. They get an SRT style insert in blue.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

I think the only interior difference will be the seats. They get an SRT style insert in blue.
Thanks for that info! That answers both of my questions. Not only will there be an interior element to the Classic, but, since it's blue stitching, there won't be any other colors available for the Classic. Well, at least not for '09. I'm sure they'll offer others colors one or two at a time in future years like they do with the Daytona.

I'm kinda glad to hear there isn't a color matched dash insert like the Daytona. I've never been too fond of that anyway.